• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

For those who don't already know....Robert Rogovin has revamped and updated his website www.fourcolorcomics.com and all the books are actually for sale. Quite a few Atlas titles with plenty of pics. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The site easy to navigate and he has some interesting books but warning bells go off as all the scans are cropped on at least 2, often 3 sides.

Is this just poor scanning? Does anyone have any experience dealing with this vendor?

For those who don't already know....Robert Rogovin has revamped and updated his website www.fourcolorcomics.com and all the books are actually for sale. Quite a few Atlas titles with plenty of pics. GOD BLESS...

The site easy to navigate and he has some interesting books but warning bells go off as all the scans are cropped on at least 2, often 3 sides.

Is this just poor scanning? Does anyone have any experience dealing with this vendor?

scan cropping always scares me (shrug)

He's been around for years....I've bought from him, but primarily mid grade GA. He does have a return policy and is usually fairly easy to reach by phone. GOD BLESS...

He's been around for years....I've bought from him, but primarily mid grade GA. He does have a return policy and is usually fairly easy to reach by phone. GOD BLESS...

just re read it was 4 color we are talking about... rob is long time, but he still should learn to scan (shrug)

:bump:

I've been too busy to buy much lately but here are a few I got recently. Not high grade, but slowly plugging holes in my Atlas want list ...

Love the depth perspective on the Marines in Action 11 (thumbs u

97524.jpg.49a6a16843014bbb8cc00e2fe47cd797.jpg

97525.jpg.c2fb6a189f489499705c749ef045da5a.jpg

97526.jpg.577fee34dd199cf581baa0c5d1f4b8f1.jpg

This is an extremely unusual layout for Severin. I wonder whether it might not be a collaboration with Burgos, who AtlasTales credits for the cover before and after.

97525.jpg

Yellow Claw is awesome little series! :headbang:

YellowClaw4.jpg

Received another Lorna in the mail. Slightly better than I expected (good, it balances my last Fight purchase). Good Ol' Russ was really a multi-threat cover artist, able to deliver great War and Western covers and the odd Jungle one here and there.

AS, don't you have a repro of this cover Russ did (fairly) recently?

98866.jpg.22194cbb70365e717129ab81eaa8561f.jpg

Here are a few more recent Atlas purchases. Rest assure that no HG comics were hurt during the scanning process :insane:

Heath can do it all from War to Western to Jungle; here another example here. I believe the Barney Barker is a dupe and Shores delivers on the Battle Brady cover (a title I rarely see in dealers' boxes) -

99842.jpg.dd4838781f74b0db2c0fbf28d6fdd174.jpg

99843.jpg.6aaf63c9ef68da0cd1aff73aeb282548.jpg

99844.jpg.7a07f337f306eb201d4183db31053120.jpg

99845.jpg.f0d90ccdb1be1357a4fabf416b691658.jpg

I go months without adding any Atlas Satire issues and, blam, I luck into 3 this week alone -

I've only read a few of these but I was definitely impressed. Stan generally employed the 'A' Team and turned them loose so that you see folks playing around with different styles and approaches to story telling compared to their regular fare.

I particularly like the fire scenes in this Waku story! (thumbs u

99842.jpg

I go months without adding any Atlas Satire issues and, blam, I luck into 3 this week alone -

I've only read a few of these but I was definitely impressed. Stan generally employed the 'A' Team and turned them loose so that you see folks playing around with different styles and approaches to story telling compared to their regular fare.

The DeCarlo story in Riot #3 alone is worth the price of admission. (thumbs u

A couple recent arrivals.

I usually pick up the more violent Atlas war covers, but this one just grabbed me. I love the two-tone color scheme, and the art reminds me of Guy Davis and Bernie Krigstien. Not really familiar with Miller's work.

battlefront21.jpg

A great Maneely cover to add to my paltry Atlas westerns with playing card covers collection. Inspired by Pokerkid's more extensive accumulation. Technically a SA book I guess, but probably more appreciated here.

wildwest54.jpg

Both of thoes are very cool! :applause: