• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

Sorry it took so long to reply,yes it was ebay seller toadspring.I LOVE those everett Subby's!! One of the comics I would most like to own is a Sub-mariner Comics # 32 if I could ever find a sharp VG at a time when I have the money.I've never seen one in real life and always wondered what the interior work was like.Ditto for the 28 & 29.One of the few restored books I own is a Marvel Mystery # 82 with the first Namora.I was able to get it for mostly trade but it was still pricey.It looks VF except for a 2 inch back cover crease.I don't keep it here or I would put up a scan of it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I believe that's a keeper.Where in the heck did you find that beauty?I probably would have driven into a telephone pole trying to get that thing home!!!GOD BLESS...

p.s.How good are the art and stories in it? thumbsup2.gif

It has slight P resto, really only on the cover as confimed by Matt Nelson. Stumbled over this on EBay one day and I didn't think I had a hope of getting it so I put a half hearted bid in at the last minute and was the high bidder by maybe $5-$6 (got it at what I thought was a smoking price). The art is great but I don't remember the story too much as I'm terrified to handle this book. Plan to send it to get it slabbed very soon so I might just have to read it again to refresh the memory.

Here's a small run of Atlas books that took me 5 years to put together on ebay.I still need to upgrade the #4.They have art by most of the Atlas horror stable on a very unexpected subject matter.GOD BLESS...

p.s. the best I can do is an attachment

1072048-bibl1.jpg.66d7f65c621fb57288685f95333977f0.jpg

That's a beautiful set. I'd love to find any of those in high grade.

I think metropolis might still have a 8.0 copy of the # 2 issue on their site .I was thinking about it but mine is probably VG+ and fits in nicely with my golden/atom age books(just a few) which are mostly in that grade.Thanks for pointing out the photobucket information,I'll try that tomorrow.I just hope that you haven't created a "mawnstah".GOD BLESS...

Just this one in the mail today from rjpb:

YM24f.jpg

4th Highest graded copy.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

What a Great & underappreciated book!! IMO!! That is a Beauty!! cloud9.gifhail.gifNow , I'm just going to have to pick up a copy for my self in the future!! smile.gif

So many books to collect!! wink.gifgrin.gif

I'm becoming wistful already - when I start buying again - I think I'll be looking for a raw VGish YM #24 (among a few score other books).

Good luck with the rest of your Atlas super-hero run IM!