• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,302 posts in this topic

RJ, you ought to sit down and look at the Atlas war covers around 1954 - 1955. There are plenty of hidden gems in those runs, especially the Heath covers.

That Battle is striking not only for the high impact from Heath but also as AT mentioned the color palette used. Moreover, the 4 stories inside the book are solid. We start with a nice Maneely R.O.K. story (Republic of Korea), followed by the best job I have so far seen from Sale then a bio of Alexander the Great by C.H. Winter (who was / is unknown to me but his style fits the topic very well) and the book ends with a recap of the cruelty of the German Blitzkrieg by Tuska. Can't ask for much more than such a line-up. Here's a particularly well interpreted page by Sale. The story is about the Argonne battle, first solo offensive by the US troops in WWI -

1010353-Battle30Story2Pages.jpg

AT - Thanks for posting your copy of AiWW # 3. I bought mine in August and have yet to read it despite AS mentioning that it's a great issue. Methinks this will be my reading for tomorrow thumbsup2.gif

1010353-Battle30Story2Pages.jpg.8196b44721e83b1b332d8b7c4737adc8.jpg

AtlasT - yer killing us with these copies hail.gif

I'll raise you another Heath cover in my grade range - You can almost feel the heat on this one - Contains the story The Beast at Bay which is a continuation from a story in Battle 17 which recounts the "story" of Hitler - fairly unusual to have continued stories across issues - Yeah, I know I am on a Atlas War Heath cover kick -

1011897-Battle18s.jpg

1011897-Battle18s.jpg.6faab371ab511ac614eade332c0b75de.jpg

Great colors on that Battle 18, and another flame thrower cover, too! I'm not too deep in the Atlas war books, but I'll see if I can pull some nice ones on my next foray into the collection. Meanwhile, here's another Terror, with a pretty nice Everett cover (I'm uncertain whether the book was miscut at the top edge, or just badly curated

ait13.jpg

"Curated" is an anagram of "turd ace"; significant?

Another nifty cover.

I always look forward to your posts thumbsup2.gif

Great Copy Jayman. I always love the "He walked through walls" vignettes like the one at the bottom left. There's a great Everett cover with a woman walking through a prison cell wall that's on my want list. It's post-code but a darling of a cover.

Here's Spy Thrillers # 4 - Starring Rick Davis, the man who dares to cut holes in the Iron Curtain - Gotta love those captions cloud9.gif

1021268-SpyThrillers4.jpg

1021268-SpyThrillers4.jpg.32dd1aa5cbe1d349bbabde82fc735ba2.jpg