• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

How about another Heath?

sp20.jpg

AtlasT, thanks for the tombstone info. I was curious since I know some of the cover artists would sign their names or post inside jokes on the art somewhere and gravestones are a likely spot to look.

The above cover almost looks as if the woman was drawn toppless originally until the shirt lines were added. Either way, nice headlight cover! Also the creatures on the cover remind me of the monsters from a seldom seen 80's horror movie "The Boogens" thumbsup2.gif

Those side panels can be a blast sometimes, "The Farmer takes a life!" 27_laughing.gif

And have you noticed how many of these people just happen to hang around near tombstones! AtlasT has been on the graveyard shift lately. thumbsup2.gif Thanks for the Rag Doll.

One more Spellbound before I move on. This cover, I believe, is by Harry Anderson:

sp22.jpg

Cool covers as always.

Are you about Harry? It's not typical of his stuff at this time (more precise lines, less sketchy on the inks). I've always thought it was Heath.

Adam:

No, I'm not sure it's Anderson; but I'm pretty confident it's not Heath. Let me try to find some Anderson art to support my attribution.

Meanwhile, let me roll out some war books I've bveen promising. This one boasts interior art by Heath, Maneely and Norman Steinberg, as well as a busy and brutal Heath cover!

Talk about getting your dime's worth!

bat6.jpg

Adam:

No, I'm not sure it's Anderson; but I'm pretty confident it's not Heath. Let me try to find some Anderson art to support my attribution.

Meanwhile, let me roll out some war books I've bveen promising. This one boasts interior art by Heath, Maneely and Norman Steinberg, as well as a busy and brutal Heath cover!

Talk about getting your dime's worth!

bat6.jpg

Adam,

Great graphic cover, I love these books. It appears to be signed by Heath on the bottom?

The RH on the right hand shore underneath the bridge beam.

Cr@p I missed that.

You mean - Missed the signature or Missed the chance to beat rj to the punch? - Nice book but not one of my favorite Heath covers (like I can talk I don't own the book) but I'll take it over the earlier Battle you posted but that # 31 also has what appears to be a nice line-up - Sinnott, Maneely, Heath and Forgione + an ad for all Atlas War titles - Any chance of seeing that ad? Please don't take any risk with your book.

popcorn.gif for more Atlas War ...

Any chance of seeing that ad?

Per your request:

thumbsup2.gif Thank you. The description on AtlasTales mentioned the books arrayed in a V (for Victory) and I was curious as how it played out. I have a soft spot for in-house ads. It's nice to see the Battle issue I posted earlier and funny to see that it is not the cover for the Battle issue in which the ad is.

Atlas.

thanks for posting those - that Battle #35 is a flamethrower cover I'd not seen, and the #37 I remember from prowling ebay - but had forgotten what issue it was thumbsup2.gif

When I start working again and am doing more buying than selling - I'm going to be searching for more Atlas War - you can't beat them for the price.