• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,291 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2024 at 10:19 AM, Dr. Love said:

You think HA could have gotten more $ than Blissard on this book?

image.thumb.png.6058fc345a3ef02cd4ef4a3330661cf0.png

If it was graded at vf-,by CGC it might.

Edited by adamstrange

On 4/22/2024 at 10:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Adam is probably the best seller on EBay. He gets some astounding results. And not every collector goes the big auction house buying route.

No everyone does go the big auction house buying route. But Adam may on occasion. :shy:

This is a cover that took years to grow on me. Westerns were always a side interest to me and I’m not a big fan of “rear view” covers. The first time I saw this book I was unimpressed. As I became more familiar with Kid Colt I noticed it’s really only his trademark red shirt and cowhide vest that stand out. I started to realize what a clever cover Maneely crafted. He shows the broad shouldered Kid taking on seven baddies and you get to see all their awesome expressions. You don’t need to see Kid Colt’s face. He is perfectly calm and collected as he strolls through the chaotic gunfight! Even with the odds stacked so high against him the Kid still shoots to disarm and not to kill. The design of the cover works to draw your eye to the central figure with his height above the rest creating a triangle effect. Even the odd positioning of the closest bad guy’s legs on either side, angle up to draw attention to the central figure. This along with the lighter ink colors in the smaller background characters gives a nice sense of depth. I usually don’t ramble on about a book so much but felt like explaining why, when it popped up for sale, I jumped at it. Oh, and the Joe Sinnott signature is just icing on the cake!
WildWestern36SignedJoeSinnott.jpg.4304cc12f98268e431f687317ecd987a.jpgWildWestern36StorySignedJoeSinnott.jpg.26f58081dec586716a9a0cf6b4f09c0b.jpgWildWestern36SignedJoeSinnottSignature.jpg.22b5fc83ca8753b3c280eedd1ffcda41.jpg