• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,294 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2024 at 9:00 PM, Hepcat said:

As a general question, do you think Atlas comics from the 1950's are tougher to find than Timely comics from the 1940's these days?

???

I'd say that certain Atlas Comics are likely to be tougher to find than most any Timely Comics, mostly because the Atlas output was quite a bit more substantial (or so it seems to me) than Timely's output. I believe at one point in the 50s, Atlas had 30-35 some odd titles on the stands per month. I don't think Timely ever had anywhere NEAR that many out per month. I'm just going by memory and my perception, I'm not sourcing that to be certain. That's just my 2c

On 3/15/2024 at 7:00 PM, Hepcat said:

As a general question, do you think Atlas comics from the 1950's are tougher to find than Timely comics from the 1940's these days?

???

That's really too broad of a question; some Atlas titles seem common, others are rarely seen.  As a horror collector, I can tell you that for example, pre-code  Journey into Mystery is a tough run to complete, as is, to a lesser extent, Strange Tales.  But issues of Marvel Tales, Suspense, and Spellbound often pop up.

On 8/16/2005 at 9:31 PM, Silver Surfer said:

I hope West won't mind if I use his idea from the Timley thread to start one for the Atlas books. I love these because of the history and turmoil they were born from. Post away, here's my only copy for the moment, been shown many times before by what the heck I love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/ssurfer/813026001o.jpg

Haven't look at the census lately but this has to be one of the toughest in high-grade. I know there are a few raw copies out there but rarely if ever do you see 7.0+ hit the market. I eventually cracked this one out and when I did sell it a dealer bought it. Miss this copy. 

On 3/20/2024 at 2:52 PM, HemiGTX said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3374422d8fb23c16f62945bff7f3b392.jpeg

Great colors on this one, congrats! :applause:
This one also has the first use of “Dracula Lives!” which Marvel reused in the 70’s for their black and white magazine title.

Suspense # 7 Dracula Lives.jpg

Edited by Jayman

On 3/21/2024 at 7:36 AM, Jayman said:

Great colors on this one, congrats! :applause:
This one also has the first use of “Dracula Lives!” which Marvel reused in the 70’s for their black and white magazine title.

Suspense # 7 Dracula Lives.jpg

I did not know that. That's cool. (thumbsu