• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,303 posts in this topic

The guy who "Dares Not Sleep" looks like Hef and is named Hugh? hm

Yeah, but he's married.

The guy who "Dares Not Sleep" looks like Hef and is named Hugh? hm

Yeah, but he's married.

As was Hef at the time.

Playboy would have been around for a couple years and already a cultural phenomenon. I'm sure the caricature was deliberate.

It is impossible to dislike this cover...impossible!

4f2b4f04-5c3e-451f-b74d-c805ee44c7ea_zps1332e591.jpg

Love it!

The 2 little cats with bones in their mouths just puts a smile on my face! :)

The inking and the bold colors of the girl on this are reminiscent of Warhol pop art! Love it.

It is impossible to dislike this cover...impossible!

4f2b4f04-5c3e-451f-b74d-c805ee44c7ea_zps1332e591.jpg

Love it!

The 2 little cats with bones in their mouths just puts a smile on my face! :)

The inking and the bold colors of the girl on this are reminiscent of Warhol pop art! Love it.

Very true.

A Venus 18 is one of the regrets I have as far as books that I sold..... but it went to a pretty cool friend, so that's some consolation. It wasn't as nice as Don's new copy..That's one of those Atlas books that's more than just a pretty cover..... the whole d@mn book is awesome. Never sell that book without taking the time to sleep on it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's a recent war pick up. I have a coin dealer buddy who's a Korean War vet and he was pointing out some of the accuracy in details on these Atlas books when I took a stack to show him last week. This is one of those Burgos portrait covers that I like. GOD BLESS...

BATTLEFRONT33.jpg

This one came from our very own Fantasyland via eBay ...... for approximately 45 quid. It's super glossy and every single story in it is good. Thanks, Don. GOD BLESS...

UNCANNYTALES14.jpg

This one came from a stack of trading that I recently did with my friend Gene. Super glossy with great PQ...... this cover is one of those that look so much better in person .... it kind of grows on you. GOD BLESS...

101_2852.jpg

Not one of the super rare issues.... but it's mighty cool. 2 of the stories are still uncredited on www.atlastales.com but for what it's worth, they're exceptional. There's not a bad story in this one. GOD BLESS...

MARVELTALES111.png

Just picked this one up recently..... but I've blown my budget lately and will probably have to put it up for sale..... reluctantly. It won't be cheap.... so I may still end up keeping it lol . I'll probably never be able to afford the Fine range copy that I'd like .... this one is REAL tough in Fine or better. My pal Gene has a sweet one, but it's still in his personal collection for the moment. GOD BLESS...

101_2881.jpg

101_2882.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Not one of the super rare issues.... but it's mighty cool. 2 of the stories are still uncredited on www.atlastales.com but for what it's worth, they're exceptional. There's not a bad story in this one. GOD BLESS...

MARVELTALES111.png

Love this one. (thumbs u