• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,307 posts in this topic

..... it's got some rumples and a tiny tape pull that kept it in my Po' Boy range. I don't think there's a publisher in the GA that slapped more gloss on their books than Atlas.... I would imagine Chris' 9.6 Northford of this one would turn someone to stone if they looked directly at it ..... it probably NEEDS to be slabbed to protect the 'ole peepers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Judy and "Big Boy" wanted to thank you guys for doing such a good job of keeping me out of the Pool Hall...... "Big Boy's" soaking in the tub right now :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

101_0978.jpg

Judy and "Big Boy" wanted to thank you guys for doing such a good job of keeping me out of the Pool Hall...... "Big Boy's" soaking in the tub right now :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

101_0978.jpg

"Big Boy" is awesome Jimbo, what do you feed him?

You should try hard to keep that Astonishing #4 its a real sweet copy

..... it's got some rumples and a tiny tape pull that kept it in my Po' Boy range. I don't think there's a publisher in the GA that slapped more gloss on their books than Atlas.... I would imagine Chris' 9.6 Northford of this one would turn someone to stone if they looked directly at it ..... it probably NEEDS to be slabbed to protect the 'ole peepers. GOD BLESS...

Love the Astonishing 4 Jim and the AIWW is just one of the best under the radar Everett covers out there.

I am waiting on a new scanner for slabs and when I do I will send a better one of this, I hate using this old Metro scan.

MT111_zpsb51a8267.jpg

Astonishing is gone...... and will be missed. "Big Boy" will eat almost anything .... but

table food gives him the runs... He loves frozen/thawed adult mice, Crayfish, Shrimp, very large cockroaches, locusts, hard boiled eggs (he'll eat them raw....but I don't like to chance it), and fish (live or cooked), and frozen/ thawed baby chickens. I brought him home from a nearby reptile show about 8 years ago....in a deli cup. He fit in the palm of my hand then. The guy said he might reach 3 feet in length and he's over 5 now. He's very intelligent.... surprisingly so, sometimes. GOD BLESS...

101_0978.jpg

"Leapin' lizards!" It looks like Big Boy could drag you out of the pool hall all by himself! :baiting:

You've been nabbing some sweet books lately, congrats! I agree, try and keep that Astonishing 4.

Love the Astonishing 4 Jim and the AIWW is just one of the best under the radar Everett covers out there.

I am waiting on a new scanner for slabs and when I do I will send a better one of this, I hate using this old Metro scan.

MT111_zpsb51a8267.jpg

..... Metro needs a new scanner too..... for their own sake. The books I've gotten from them ALWAYS look better than the scan..... which keeps me from being disappointed I suppose, but may dissuade a new customer. They've been a great source for Atlas..... they sure don't mind stocking them. I suppose from a retailer's standpoint, Atlas are hit and miss and are hard to restock..... I'm sure collections of them don't walk through the door every week. GOD BLESS...

This one came from our very own Fantasyland via eBay ...... for approximately 45 quid. It's super glossy and every single story in it is good. Thanks, Don. GOD BLESS...

UNCANNYTALES14.jpg

Glad you like it. When I saw the buyer ID I thought it must be you. Enjoy.

I only have one. A recent purchase. I was lamenting my lack of expertise in Golden Age books, and this one was pointed out to me. Not high-grade (or even mid-grade), but I thought it had an interesting cover, so I picked it up. . .

001-3.jpg

I like it. I keep looking at it, newly transferred into mylar.

I only have one. A recent purchase. I was lamenting my lack of expertise in Golden Age books, and this one was pointed out to me. Not high-grade (or even mid-grade), but I thought it had an interesting cover, so I picked it up. . .

001-3.jpg

It is one of the best from that run in my opinion. Congrats and welcome.

Picked these up at LSCC. Got about 15 slabs as well but not in hand

Mystic27_zps01b871c1.jpg

Nice one. I never noticed the missing hand off the zombie on the left or the Heath swipe from AIT #11 either!

001-3.jpg

..... and so it begins..... we all had JUST one at one point. The Mystery Tales run has some of my favorite Atlas covers and that one's no exception..... GOD BLESS...

Picked these up at LSCC. Got about 15 slabs as well but not in hand yet.

JIM14_zps951dd2fd.jpg[/img]

JIM24_zpsef25b5d3.jpg[/img]

Mystic27_zps01b871c1.jpg[/img]

....that JIM 14 is also particularly cool. GOD BLESS...