• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Thanks Jimbo - no under copy for sale. Although I was tempted with the one you had a few weeks ago but I knew this was on the way.

..... I almost owned that very book about 15 years ago when Marnin first put them on the market..... he was calling it a Fine due to the tear. I had actually sent the check on it's way when he discovered he had already promised it in a package deal. I ended up with the 5 instead. He called the 5 a Fine minus and it also received a 7.0 from CGC also ....... I wouldn't sell that one if I were you..... it might never surface again. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo - no under copy for sale. Although I was tempted with the one you had a few weeks ago but I knew this was on the way.

..... I almost owned that very book about 15 years ago when Marnin first put them on the market..... he was calling it a Fine due to the tear. I had actually sent the check on it's way when he discovered he had already promised it in a package deal. I ended up with the 5 instead. He called the 5 a Fine minus and it also received a 7.0 from CGC also ....... I wouldn't sell that one if I were you..... it might never surface again. GOD BLESS...

I probably won't make that mistake again (unless I magically end up with a better copy). Luckily for me, I sold it to a good friend who let me have it back. :)

The #5 is a great book too. I regret selling my old copy of that one too.

plus a Atlas age page.....

top one is from Young Men 26 and the bottom is first HT by Ayers.....Stan Lee made Burgos to clean up the Flame trail from HT 36

..... OA from the Atlas days...... now that's cool.... GOD BLESS....

P.S. I wonder if any of Everett's work survived from #'s 33-42 ?

Here's a few I don't think I've posted yet.... the MIA 1 is an upgrade. GOD BLESS...

MIA1bethlehem.jpg

....this one is Syd Shores inside and out :cloud9:

BATTLEBRADY10.jpg

.... and a really cool Anderson cover that doesn't get the notoriety that some of his classics do....

JIUW32.jpg

Thanks, Chris...... I've been window shopping it for a while..... couldn't resist any longer. Syd Shores :cloud9: ...... he was doing fantastic work for Atlas back then.... it still has that Timely Captain America feel.... only more refined. Nice MT 134 you have up in the Sales Forum, by the way..... GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Here is a new ST:

97b25bb9-a86d-46d1-89a9-12dbc0a1a7c8_zps41fced09.jpg

... fantastic..... don't think I've ever seen anything but a thumbnail of that one.... GOD BLESS...

Thanks, Chris...... I've been window shopping it for a while..... couldn't resist any longer. Syd Shores :cloud9: ...... he was doing fantastic work for Atlas back then.... it still has that Timely Captain America feel.... only more refined. Nice MT 134 you have up in the Sales Forum, by the way..... GOD BLESS...

The 134 is a favorite of mine (I know you have a fondness for it also), was lucky to find a raw that graded 7.0, so the 5.5 has to go.