• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

Hey guys, is it just me, or do these PCH books get short changed by CGC compared to earlier Golden Age books? CGC 7.5 starts to look like a very high grade book for PCH.

You are not alone. I am chronically mystified by the seemingly deferential grades assigned EGA books, and the short grades assigned PCH.

But what do I know?

I think like me you can detect a bias given enough comparators.

Another for the home office....

Mystic24_zpsetazs3x0.jpeg

That's a great looking book, Eric, and one of the strongest covers.

Hey guys, is it just me, or do these PCH books get short changed by CGC compared to earlier Golden Age books? CGC 7.5 starts to look like a very high grade book for PCH.

Thanks Michael. I've wanted this book for a long time and as soon as I have it in hand I'll be able to determine if it's worth a re-submission.

.....if you do re-sub it, do NOT look inside at the stories while it's out of the slab, o/w it might never get slabbed again.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's why I need a reader.... got one for me? :baiting:

Just arrived today from MCS - as usual I'm very happy with their grading. Jimbo promises this is one of those complete package Atlas books, so I'm looking forward to reading it.

JIUW22_zpshnfir6ev.jpg

A recent ebay pick up. A tad lower grade than I usually look for, but I've had trouble finding a copy after getting outbid a year or two ago, and the price was right. 1st Combat Casey with a R.Q. Sale cover and two stories.

warcombat5_zpsdxj8wsne.jpg

Just arrived today from MCS - as usual I'm very happy with their grading. Jimbo promises this is one of those complete package Atlas books, so I'm looking forward to reading it.

JIUW22_zpshnfir6ev.jpg

A recent ebay pick up. A tad lower grade than I usually look for, but I've had trouble finding a copy after getting outbid a year or two ago, and the price was right. 1st Combat Casey with a R.Q. Sale cover and two stories.

warcombat5_zpsdxj8wsne.jpg

...both are well worth the wait.....what was the grade on the JIUW 22....... It looks rather nice... GOD BLESS...

...both are well worth the wait.....what was the grade on the JIUW 22....... It looks rather nice... GOD BLESS...

MCS gave it a 5.5. It does have minor spine roll, but as is, I'd say that's the bare minimum grade it deserves. With a pressing, I'm sure it would do even better.

Mystic18.jpg

Definitely in any reputable Top Ten Atlas Covers list. (thumbs u

Atlas T !!!!! ....he who is Atlas Prime !........GOD BLESS....

Horror and communism in the one book has made this a very desirable book for me.