• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

Nice group shot :applause:

He took a stab at it! :kidaround::fear:

it was a gut feeling.

I'm surprise AStrange didn't add to this pile of puns :o

I wasn't sure people could stomach any more of them. (shrug)

I think we get the "point"! :acclaim:

Nice group shot :applause:

He took a stab at it! :kidaround::fear:

it was a gut feeling.

I'm surprise AStrange didn't add to this pile of puns :o

I wasn't sure people could stomach any more of them. (shrug)

I think we get the "point"! :acclaim:

stick with it..

Our razor sharp wit is devastating.

Our razor sharp wit is devastating.

Repent :sumo: Post a nice Atlas War book :thumbsup:

:foryou:

MenInAction5.jpg

:applause: That's the one Robot Man mentioned recently, no?

Correct

Correct

Thought so. The "deep black" on the Atlas books of that time period really come through even on just the scan. The shininess (for lack of better word) of that copy must be something else in person.

Correct

Thought so. The "deep black" on the Atlas books of that time period really come through even on just the scan. The shininess (for lack of better word) of that copy must be something else in person.

Atlas comics were printed in different ways at different points in time. That book has a black with a matte finish while the other colors are glossy. It makes for a very striking contrast.

Correct

Atlas comics were printed in different ways at different points in time. That book has a black with a matte finish while the other colors are glossy. It makes for a very striking contrast.

You can better express what I meant than I was able to. Thanks! There are some Horror books circa that period that I believe received the same treatment. It's really effective.

Reminds me of the effect of the metallic ink on some early GA books. That contrast really jumps out compared to all other books surrounding them.

Correct

You can better express what I meant than I was able to. Thanks! There are some Horror books circa that period that I believe received the same treatment. It's really effective.

Reminds me of the effect of the metallic ink on some early GA books. That contrast really jumps out compared to all other books surrounding them.

Those are cool looking books as well.

Correct

Those are cool looking books as well.

Here's a book that has the flat black with higher gloss colors.

scan0016_zpsf5fx5g72.jpg

Edited by vaultkeeper