• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Here's another happy find at the show: Riot # 2 which does close my set of Atlas Mad knockoffs: Crazy 1 - 7, Riot 1 - 6 & Wild 1 - 5 :)

Riot%202_zpspy08xhld.jpg

Wow! Those are great sets to have. I have exactly zero, but some of those are going to be at or near the top of my wantlist going forward.

Do you have group shots?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have all but one on that list so I will pull them out and select probably 3. The War #11 was already a no brainier as was Spellbound #20. I kind of forgot that Marvel Tales #130. I don't want him to sign the covers so I thought if there was one of his interior stories within a killer cover it would be a win win. I already have a lot of nice SA signed by him so that it was time to get some of my horror books signed.

In a different vein, I broke down and bought this at Baltimore Con. It finishes (finally!) the short run for me ... and it might have the best set of art inside from the entire run. :banana:

Bible%20Tales%20for%20Young%20Folks%205_zpsjkaa0qmw.jpg

If these ever came out in grade..

In a different vein, I broke down and bought this at Baltimore Con. It finishes (finally!) the short run for me ... and it might have the best set of art inside from the entire run. :banana:

Bible%20Tales%20for%20Young%20Folks%205_zpsjkaa0qmw.jpg

:applause: Nice one scrooge. Glad you finished the run.

....this may be the toughest to find in grade..... or the 5. My 3 is toast and 5 was the last one I needed. These are fantastic comics.... very well done..... and Stan had a bound set in his File set that went up for auction at HA..... and he didn't have many bound volumes....so that says something. It took me two years of searching eBay every single day to put my set together.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....this may be the toughest to find in grade..... or the 5. My 3 is toast and 5 was the last one I needed. These are fantastic comics.... very well done..... and Stan had a bound set in his File set that went up for auction at HA..... and he didn't have many bound volumes....so that says something. It took me two years of searching eBay every single day to put my set together.GOD BLESS...

The one you gifted me is awesome… Especially the Bernard Krigstein feature.

I’d surely love to find the others, sooner or later. :)

The one you gifted me is awesome… Especially the Bernard Krigstein feature.

I’d surely love to find the others, sooner or later. :)

# 2..............that's my favorite one...... should have snagged the VF that Metro had for a hundred......but a cool boardie has it. GOD BLESS...

This is probably the best, if not the only, thread in which this book fits: Rugged Action # 4, final issue of this 4-book run.

My guess is that they tried to cash in on the burgeoning Men's Adventure magazines trend but in comics format but it didn't take.

The title stopped early and was replaced with # 5 with Strange Stories of Suspense, a odd "horror" book (truly more a weird tales book than anything else) that was started after the inception of the code.

Rugged%20Action%204_zpsud5mrq92.jpg