• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I found this bad boy while slumming around on eBay...........I didn't think there even WERE any high grade copies of this one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

SUYPZXu.jpg

Really glossy! 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, Sqeggs said:

Really glossy! 

....just how I like 'em ............GOD BLESS....

qyGfboa.jpg

..... the recent upgrade of my Man 22 is also a bit shiny ...... GOD BLESS....

jGEtYte.jpg

22 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

This juicy little pulplet is also rather cool........ GOD BLESS....

cD455dL.jpg

X6FO4OS.jpg

Very nice Jimbo! Killing it on the gloss factor. Showing these pics makes me want to mention that I do the same thing when I get a raw book in. I hold it under a light and follow the gloss/shine down the length of the covers. It helps me identify any writing, marks or stains that may be there that otherwise may not be noticed viewing head on. (thumbsu

There is a term for that kind of illumination - raking light.  One of the major reasons why a 2D scan will never suffice, not really. 

"Raking light, the illumination of objects from a light source at an oblique angle or almost parallel to the surface, provides information on the surface topography and relief of the artifact thus lit. It is widely used in the examination of works of art."

and pulplet!  lol

9 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

There is a term for that kind of illumination - raking light.  One of the major reasons why a 2D scan will never suffice, not really. 

"Raking light, the illumination of objects from a light source at an oblique angle or almost parallel to the surface, provides information on the surface topography and relief of the artifact thus lit. It is widely used in the examination of works of art."

and pulplet!  lol

Interesting. This was just something I learned to do on my own over the years, didn't realize it was an actual practice. I think I first noticed it with a book with a cover that had a combo of gloss and flat black inks. Thanks for the info!

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, jimjum12 said:

jGEtYte.jpg

Really sweet pick-ups on the Man Comics! I saw that one from the same seller and would've bought it if I didn't already have a decent copy. One of Everett's best covers for the publisher IMHO.   (thumbsu

14 hours ago, Jayman said:

Interesting. This was just something I learned to do on my own over the years, didn't realize it was an actual practice. I think I first noticed it with a book with a cover that had a combo of gloss and flat black inks. Thanks for the info!

I still remember the first time I saw one of those.....a Strange Tales 11 .....I had just begun my descent into the Atlas maelsrom, and had gotten the book home and thought it had been color touched.. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo (a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

You guys are getting soft...... here's another cool one from eBay that really should have been long gone before I found it..... GOD BLESS...

"Bus stop, Bus goes, she stays, love grows........."

RoJ5Q9a.jpg

7OlNXaW.jpg

12 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

You guys are getting soft...... here's another cool one from eBay that really should have been long gone before I found it..... GOD BLESS...

"Bus stop, Bus goes, she stays, love grows........."

RoJ5Q9a.jpg

7OlNXaW.jpg

Very nice! Not my collecting focus but those Colletta covers make me smile, congrats! :applause:

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:
16 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

RoJ5Q9a.jpg

7OlNXaW.jpg

Very nice! Not my collecting focus but those Colletta covers make

..... especially the dark haired chick glaring at the new competition lol GOD BLESS...

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

..... especially the dark haired chick glaring at the new competition lol GOD BLESS...

Exactly! He was very good at capturing the mood, even the subtle ones.