• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art ID again Please On 3 more Pieces!!
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Thanks for the help earlier...on the 2 thors and maroto pieces......it was very much appreciated!

Just curious if anyone can figure out these 3:

i've tried without success to figure these out online........

signature on the surfer piece?

also picked up this Nick Percival crazy female clown killer clown babe piece...I wasn't sure if it could be from a  2000 AD?

and this falcon pinup with artist initials "DB" 1994 in the rocks below his feet

Our esteemed list here is always great at helping....so any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks

Mike

falcdb94.jpg

percivalclowngal.jpg

surferlief.jpg

Edited by romitaman

14 hours ago, romitaman said:

4th and 5th pieces are 2 Thor pages inked by Walden Wong, pages 4 and 22, but I cant figure out what actual issue these are to?

thor620p4.jpg

thor620p22.jpg

I can only find Walden Wong having inked Thor on a year 2000 one-shot called "Marvels Comics Group: Thor #1"

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvels_Comics_Group:_Thor_Vol_1_1

I cannot find online images to confirm that those pages are from that issue. 

Edited by RBerman

1 hour ago, RBerman said:

I can only find Walden Wong having inked Thor on a year 2000 one-shot called "Marvel Comics Group: Thor #1"

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvels_Comics_Group:_Thor_Vol_1_1

I cannot find online images to confirm that those pages are from that issue. 

Walden is one of the nicest guys I've met. He's on Facebook, drop him a line. He'll answer.

14 hours ago, romitaman said:

I have a Marc Silvestri inked by Hilary Barta Conan cover..

On back it says UNPUBLISHED CONAN COVER...I'm just curious if it looks similar to anything that "WAS" published?

conansilverstic.jpg

This reminds me of John Buscema's cover to Conan Annual #7.

conan-the-barbarian-annual-7-1970-series

Edited by Chaykin Stevens

Just now, JadeGiant said:

Excellent! I have a couple pieces of his and his named came to mind immediately when I saw the art. Thanks

Funny, I can tell a singer by voice incredibly well, but I struggle identifying an artist by pen stroke.  I do like searching for these though.

12 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Linework on Surfer made me think of Shelby Robertson. Sig looks like a possible match as well. 

HI JADE!! I believe you are right.. The signature looks like that...and confirmed by spider variant THANKS GUYS!!!

no one has any idea what this PERCIVAL crazy Clown babe piece is????

or the artist with initials: "DB" 1994 Falcon piece?

thanks again all!!

Edited by romitaman

Re: DB 94

Looking at the Comic Artist Database on the CAF gives these artists with the initials DB:

Pretty sure it's not Dave Bullock; he usually signs "Bullock" and it's not really his style.

Beyond that, click a link and see if they look similar.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

Re: DB 94

Looking at the Comic Artist Database on the CAF gives these artists with the initials DB:

Pretty sure it's not Dave Bullock; he usually signs "Bullock" and it's not really his style.

Beyond that, click a link and see if they look similar.

Good luck.

I did something similar this weekend, but filtered it to a few years around 1994.