• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

My newest pickup:

Act48t.jpg

It took quite long time to find a decent copy of Action 48. But to me "the search" may be the most fun part of being a GA collector.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Hi all. I'm am totally new to this whole "thread" thing, but I am an avid GA collector, especially Superman and Batman, and I can't pull myself away from the computer since I discovered these Gold Comic threads ....... I've just registered and I'd like to post some scans of my comics, but the FAQ section mentions that images coming from websites are the only images that can be posted -- is there not a way to simply scan my book and post it here ??

Fishbone (sorry to be so green and stupid....)

Welcome to the boards.

Yes you can have this site host your scans as long as they do not exceed 200K in size.

When you create a post, do:

1) Select "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file"

2) On the preview screen, select the file you want to attach and click OK

3) In your post, click on the Attachment link and copy the URL assigned to your scan

4) Click on Edit your Post

5) In the UBB Code table, select Image and paste your scan's URL

6) Enter your edited post and voilà, your scan should be in the body of the post.

Scrooge

Hi all. I'm am totally new to this whole "thread" thing, but I am an avid GA collector, especially Superman and Batman, and I can't pull myself away from the computer since I discovered these Gold Comic threads ....... I've just registered and I'd like to post some scans of my comics, but the FAQ section mentions that images coming from websites are the only images that can be posted -- is there not a way to simply scan my book and post it here ??

Welcome to the Boards! hi.gif

My newest pickup:

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

That's a sharp-looking copy...what's bringing it down to a 3.5? I see some LRC rumpling, but man, that presents very well. Congrats, Brian!

My newest pickup:

Act48t.jpg

It took quite long time to find a decent copy of Action 48. But to me "the search" may be the most fun part of being a GA collector.

893applaud-thumb.gif now THAT'S a comic book, very nice looking copy, looks better than 3.5 to me.

Congrats Brian on getting a #48, which as you know is not only my favorite Action Comics cover, but my favorite cover ever. cloud9.gif

alot of recent Action pickups lately in this thread.

hey Fishbone, welcome to the boards, always nice to have another GA Supes/Bats collector round here.

as for posting scans of your books, you need an image hosting site such as www.photobucket.com or http://imageshack.us/

My newest pickup:

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

That's a sharp-looking copy...what's bringing it down to a 3.5? I see some LRC rumpling, but man, that presents very well. Congrats, Brian!

Thanks Jon. The LRC creasing plus an accumulation of small defects (staple tears, smudges, etc) on the front & back covers probably earn it the 3.5 technical grade. Though it does present nicely in hand. I'm real happy with it. cloud9.gif

Congrats Brian on getting a #48, which as you know is not only my favorite Action Comics cover, but my favorite cover ever. cloud9.gif

Thanks Alton! I'm lucky you already found your copy. Otherwise I would have had to step aside and let you purchase this one. I know it's your grail book. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks......I thought I'd need to show some credibility to join this elite group!! The #10 is banged up , but I'm sure you and every other serious collector knows how freakin' hard it is to find a half-decent sub-#20 Action that won't set you back a few mortgage payments !!!!! Still searching for a #13 (like everyone else here I guess) - my "dream" is to have every Superman-cover Action from 1938 thru 1940 (minus #1 of course ---- well, it is a dream isn't it??). I just need #23 , #29 , and of course #13. Any sellers ?? Also, would love to own Superman numbers 1 thru 10 -- just need #1 to complete -------- easy, right ??

Fishbone

PS I'm considering restoring my #10 -- any opinions/comments/concerns from anyone???

Edited by fishbone