• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Gator, you know I'm saving up for it!!!!!!!! I'll check with you first , though, so I don't get scammed -- you are the MAN!

FISH

when you are ready, shoot me a PM....might have an opp for you :)

gator

Wow! That's a great run! :golfclap:

What was the contest about in issue #3?

There's a double-page spread about the contest inside. One page includes an artist's rendition of all the cool prizes kids can win (including what looks to be a fairly sharp & massive hunting knife, but is presumably intended to show a small switchblade). The other page tells you that you have to be a member of the Supermen of America to enter the contest, and conveniently provides an address to send them another dime. At the bottom in somewhat smaller print, it says "Be sure to read the January issue of Action Comics for further details of this contest!" So it's a classic comic book bait-and-switch....you're out 20 cents, and you still don't have the "Details of Gigantic Contest!" promised on the front cover. Only the beginning, kids....

Gator, you know I'm saving up for it!!!!!!!! I'll check with you first , though, so I don't get scammed -- you are the MAN!

FISH

when you are ready, shoot me a PM....might have an opp for you :)

gator

I will -- thanks again!

Here's another new pickup.....just arrived from NYC

Very nice! Speaking for NYC....we want it back. :gossip:

Do you have an early Action run to go with those early Supermans? Post 'm if you got 'm!

Wow! That's a great run! :golfclap:

What was the contest about in issue #3?

There's a double-page spread about the contest inside. One page includes an artist's rendition of all the cool prizes kids can win (including what looks to be a fairly sharp & massive hunting knife, but is presumably intended to show a small switchblade). The other page tells you that you have to be a member of the Supermen of America to enter the contest, and conveniently provides an address to send them another dime. At the bottom in somewhat smaller print, it says "Be sure to read the January issue of Action Comics for further details of this contest!" So it's a classic comic book bait-and-switch....you're out 20 cents, and you still don't have the "Details of Gigantic Contest!" promised on the front cover. Only the beginning, kids....

Thanks Jon! (thumbs u