• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Mine for a day or two.....

If that's the way you treat it, then I wouldn't let you keep it either. poke2.gif

Seriously, thought what's the scoop?

Mine for a day or two.....

If that's the way you treat it, then I wouldn't let you keep it either. poke2.gif

Seriously, thought what's the scoop?

Playing friendly board member finder for anudder brudder. acclaim.gif

I guess I could have kept it and had it restored.....but i've got other fish (comics) to fry and someone else had it on their wish list. thumbsup2.gif

Here are a couple of fairly recent aquisitions. The 63 is a solid lower grade copy, the 66 is a beauty the scan does not do it justice. I would appreciate anyone who would care to give their opinion on a grade for the 63 based on the scan.

act63.jpg

act66.jpg

Recently freed from its slab.

1441122-action108.jpg

Another pyro book.

Is there something we should know about you? poke2.gif

1441122-action108.jpg

Another pyro book.

I actually almost burned down the desert. True story. A little dry undergrowth, some mesquite trees, and a smoke bomb go a LONG way.

1441122-action108.jpg

Another pyro book.

I actually almost burned down the desert. True story. A little dry undergrowth, some mesquite trees, and a smoke bomb go a LONG way.

I wonder what happens to your comics after they're scanned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1441122-action108.jpg

Another pyro book.

I wonder what happens to your comics after they're scanned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know how they say, "comics are like crack"?

Well not if you smoke them. sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey guys... shy.gif

I'm thrilled, and more than a little astonished, to say that I've just added this book to my collection:

supe5.jpg

It has really wonderful "freshness", and off-white pages with no tanning! 893whatthe.gif

Great cover colors. The cover has a bit of odd black marker touch which you can see on the spine...no good reason why it's there, as it doesn't hide defects and isn't really replacing any color. There's some equally odd bits of tape on the inside front cover, which are also without any obvious purpose. (Comic collectors are really a bunch of nuts, aren't they...) 27_laughing.gif

cloud9.gif

Hey guys... shy.gif

I'm thrilled, and more than a little astonished, to say that I've just added this book to my collection:

supe5.jpg

It has really wonderful "freshness", and off-white pages with no tanning! 893whatthe.gif

Great cover colors. The cover has a bit of odd black marker touch which you can see on the spine...no good reason why it's there, as it doesn't hide defects and isn't really replacing any color. There's some equally odd bits of tape on the inside front cover, which are also without any obvious purpose. (Comic collectors are really a bunch of nuts, aren't they...) 27_laughing.gif

cloud9.gif

hello all...

hail.gif

one of my favorite Supes covers (maybe top 3)

rick

212512490_34bb27738a_b.jpg

That cover has that very classic old comic book look to it for some reason. Maybe because the art wasn't as refined as some of the preceeding issues. Love those early issues.

hello all...

SS...super tough book in grade, congrats!

hail.gif

rick

Jon, great pickup!

adding my $.02 for the day, I've been after a decent copy of this book for a few years, but it has been strangely elusive. I'm now 1 book closer to completing my 'Superman: From the 30's to the 70's" comic collection!

superman50.jpg

Now I just need a decent #38...