• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Circle
1 1

31 posts in this topic

That’s a cool story and glad to hear you got back the books.

I have always been with the mindset, never regret selling and if you do, don’t sell it. I always wanted a hulk 181, so I bought one in around a 5.0 from a local store. I loved having it, then I wanted some drum stuff and sold it to fund the purchase. I still have the drums and am fine with that decision. Would it be nice to have the book still, sure. But I don’t regret the decision 

55 minutes ago, slym2none said:

tl;dr, next thread!

:jokealert:

Seriously, great read, and while every story is unique, this one isn't like any I have read around here!

:applause:

-slym

Thanks Slym! 

I tend to ramble.  Hopefully it wasn’t too bad.

1 minute ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Thanks Slym! 

I tend to ramble.  Hopefully it wasn’t too bad.

I would imagine people responding with TL:DR etc are not the audience you were seeking in the first place. You can tell you wrote that piece from the heart and fellow collectors can relate to that.

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I would imagine people responding with TL:DR etc are not the audience you were seeking in the first place. You can tell you wrote that piece from the heart and fellow collectors can relate to that.

Thanks Dude.  I understand that the post was probably too long and drawn out.  I enjoy the details.  And you’re right, it did come from the heart and I figured some here might enjoy reading an uplifting story of sorts in a time right now that seems to be very much doom and gloom.

Just now, Real Elijah Snow said:

I love details. I think your story is fantastic. 

Thank you.  I was thinking all week about if I wanted to share or not.  Furthermore, if anyone would care.  But I thought why not?  If I could entertain 1 person for just a couple minutes, I’d be happy.

2 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Those two books were my favorite.  I liked everything about them.  The history.  The stories, even though some think they’re a little cheesy.  The covers.  To me, the covers have totally different feels to them.  The Flash, sort of happy and uplifting, bright.  While Hulk, gloomy, scary and dark.  Both books I loved so much.  

Always great to read an account from someone else who genuinely cares about the comics for their stories and art and not as a speculative commodity.  The books I've purchased since joining the boards have all been about that same personal connection in some way rather than analysing how they're trending financially.  It's coincidental that a few of them have done well price-wise because of the films.

Congrats on the books, and the amazing sense of achievement, satisfaction and closure expressed in your post.

11 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Thanks Dude.  I understand that the post was probably too long and drawn out.  I enjoy the details.  And you’re right, it did come from the heart and I figured some here might enjoy reading an uplifting story of sorts in a time right now that seems to be very much doom and gloom.

Not at all. You've got a lot there to be enthusiastic about.  

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Always great to read an account from someone else who genuinely cares about the comics for their stories and art and not as a speculative commodity.  The books I've purchased since joining the boards have all been about that same personal connection in some way rather than analysing how they're trending financially.  It's coincidental that a few of them have done well price-wise because of the films.

Congrats on the books, and the amazing sense of achievement, satisfaction and closure expressed in your post.

Thank you Ken.  I can’t lie.  I do think about the financial side of collecting sometimes.   But more often than not, my collector side takes over.