• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
4 4

87 posts in this topic

Sunny 13 

Fox,   April 1948,   and  I've never seen  a copy  of  any issue of this title. 
A continuation  from Cosmo  Cat,   only  four  issues printed,  (along  with  an  IW  reprint) and this  one  is  pretty  nice

Flat  and tight,   square,   maybe  the best  Bohnett's  stamp  of the bunch.  Decent  gloss, off-white - white pages,  and the  front
cover  is quite nice. Back cover has  some  problems,   small tear lower  edge,  ditto   LH  edge,  bit of rubbing and soiling, 
tiny  tears  at staples. 

Asking $250,  pretty  firm. 

3dD7vWa.jpg

CsyzUy8.jpg

I wish the back cover showed the "after" of this situation.

I imagine a giant splintered crater in the floor, the recoil launching the guy flipping backward towards the street through the a shower of shattered glass, and Sunny's dress up her shoulders as she forgot to let go of her hem while trying to to fend off the mouse now perched safely upon her head. 

Edited by Black Bat

Junior 11

In  better  than  40  years  collecting  and trading  I've  had  two  issues of this  title that I  can  remember,  and both  were   rags.

2"  split  lower  spine, dogear lower    RH FC,  light dogears  lower   LH  BC,  1"  tear upper  edge BC. Bit of rust on staples,  with  
a touch of  migration  to  the  CF  ONLY.  Flat,  tight  spine  and CF,   white  pages,. 

Asking  $400,  per  Lunatic  Lite   SOLD!

TTii31r.jpg

WPx0vHJ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Old stamp said...

Bonnett’s
Ohio’s Largest Dealers in Back-Issues Magazines
502 E. 5th St.
Dayton Ohio

I believe the business is still running.

377940782_ScreenShot2020-04-10at8_10_28PM.png.9983e035f295b2e679492d9a940a589e.png1573861314_ScreenShot2020-04-10at8_10_13PM.png.79eec18a4b9df231260d842f5e715d5c.png

Store may still exists on this location ... but the sign sure have updated since!

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Old stamp said...

Bonnett’s
Ohio’s Largest Dealers in Back-Issues Magazines
502 E. 5th St.
Dayton Ohio

I believe the business is still running.

377940782_ScreenShot2020-04-10at8_10_28PM.png.9983e035f295b2e679492d9a940a589e.png1573861314_ScreenShot2020-04-10at8_10_13PM.png.79eec18a4b9df231260d842f5e715d5c.png

As of  the Gem City  Comic Con  April  last year,   it  was,   I  dropped by  to  take  a look, 

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

As of  the Gem City  Comic Con  April  last year,   it  was,   I  dropped by  to  take  a look, 

And what was your expectations?

Here's the nicest  book of the bunch,   IMO.

Junior  12

Flat,  tight,   square,  white pages.   Some general  wear,  light soiling  BC  along  the spine.   Pin hole in  FC,  lower  RH  corner,  
should be visible in the scan.   

Grab  a pretty  copy  for $575   SOLD!

abUNhno.jpg

RMC4IVH.jpg

Edited by catrick339

7 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

I wish the back cover showed the "after" of this situation.

I imagine a giant splintered crater in the floor, the recoil launching the guy flipping backward towards the street through the a shower of shattered glass, and Sunny's dress up her shoulders as she forgot to let go of her hem while trying to to fend off the mouse now perched safely upon her head. 

Not to mention the blood/spinal fluid dripping out of her ears from being in front of the muzzle. :eek: 

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Here's the nicest  book of the bunch,   IMO.

Junior  12

Flat,  tight,   square,  white pages.   Some general  wear,  light soiling  BC  along  the spine.   Pin hole in  FC,  lower  RH  corner,  
should be visible in the scan.   

Grab  a pretty  copy  for $575

abUNhno.jpg

Whats that on the fire hydrant?

1 minute ago, Black Bat said:

Whats that on the fire hydrant?

I'm  assuming  that  it's  a glitch  in  the printing,    some sort of ink  run or smear.  There's  zero evidence inside the  cover  of  any  water  or dampness, 
nor  any  bleed through  from  anything,   Just  a guess,  but  I think  it's  production,.  

Here's  the last  book  for this  miniature   thread,   and  it's  got  a  killerdiller  WW2  cover...on  a  book  with   a  serious  flaw.  Sigh...

Blue Bolt V4 #1

EGAD,  A HITLER/IL DUCE/HIROHITO  COVER!

Yep,   there's  the entire  Axis  about  to get  their  clocks  cleaned by  Our  Hero...in  his  dreams,  lol
And  Hitler  got  the first  beating,  of course. 

Front  cover is pretty  nice,  with  a bit of  general wear and a touch  of chipping upper edge,   bit  of spine  roll,   tight spine  and CF, 
off-white pages.   But  ahh,   then there's  the  BACK  cover.  Upper  LH  got  stuck  to something,  and there are  two  pieces out 
LH  edge,  and  what boils down  to being  a  big ol' tape pull  about  two inches  wide by  four inches high.  

Mutter,   sigh...  I'm  certain  my  old  buddy  Lunatic  Lite  saved  a bundle  on this  copy  back in the day,  :banana:

Asking  $250  for  a  good copy  that looks nice in  a mylar. 

ifRGUmD.jpg

QlYbN0C.jpg

All righty,   that's it  for  Lunatic Lite's books,  at least for  this time  around.  Feel free to fly  the flag,  or  PM  me  offers,   I'll be  happy  to  forward
them  and  let  you  know  as  soon  as  he  replies.   I'll  leave this up  for a day or so,  and bump  it  here  and  there while  we 
wait  for  responses,    I've already  forwarded  a  couple  numbers to him,  and will  send  him  a   link  so  he  can take a look,  
Honestly,   I  think  he's  a little aggressive  on  a couple  of these,  but    fair  on  a  bunch more. 

Drop  me  a line!  I gotta say,   I  was  delighted  to  be able  to  look  through some  of  these,   and the Fox  books  and the Green Hornet 
get read  before  I ship  anything,  lol

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

The pictures were taken in 2017 and Google Map still shows the same sign in 2019.

Take a good look at those pictures.

Um... allow me to explain what I meant by my remark about the “sign sure had updated since...”. If you would take a closer look in what the sign says. I noticed below COMICS line that it said they have Golden Age ... Silver Age ... etc.  Now, we have seen these comics listed  in here with the store ink stamp on the covers.

Would the same store sign have said Golden Age ... Silver Age ... etc back in the older days before 1970s? I don’t think so. I have no idea how long ago they put up the sign. I’m assuming it had been updated to refer that.

Pretty sure whoever owns the store would know the current prices if they still have the comics in the basement!

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

Um... allow me to explain what I meant by my remark about the “sign sure had updated since...”. If you would take a closer look in what the sign says. I noticed below COMICS line that it said they have Golden Age ... Silver Age ... etc.  Now, we have seen these comics listed  in here with the store ink stamp on the covers.

Would the same store sign have said Golden Age ... Silver Age ... etc back in the older days before 1970s? I don’t think so. I have no idea how long ago they put up the sign. I’m assuming it had been updated to refer that.

Pretty sure whoever owns the store would know the current prices if they still have the comics in the basement!

As far  as I  know,   the  same  family  has  owned it since the 30's,   probably  3rd or 4th generation by now,   and  I'm  certain they  know EXACTLY   what they  have.