• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan lee Signature series premium CGC
1 1

30 posts in this topic

It really depends on the buyer and the type of book.  A Hulk 181 to me is actually worth less with a Stan Lee signature since he had nothing to do with the book or the creation of Wolverine.  Someone else may love everything about Stan Lee and want him to sign every single Marvel book including DC books (yes they are out there).  Those folk will pay a premium.  His signature is also erratic especially towards the end of his life so for those I wouldn't pay any extra nor want those books at all when his signature is barely visible.  I would pay slightly above GPA 5-10% for a nice looking Stan Lee signature on certain books he actually wrote but i'm not a signature collector. 2c

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

Here is one data point from GPA - the 5.0 FF48. Regular blue label GPA is $216

SS 5.0 Sgnt series (Stan Lee File Copy)
--
--
--
--
$500Dec 2010

SS 5.0 Signed by Joe Sinnott
--

--
$600Oct 2019

SS 5.0 Signed by Stan Lee

--
$800Oct 2019

I am providing this as a PSA - Pay for GPA. It's worth it!

I apologize - this is for FF50.

I would say a Marvel book with a Stan Lee signature and CGC'd as a SS book, would command way more than his end of life $150 he was charging....look across all GPA and it's definitely worth more. I personally would go the auction route because there still are many who want a Stan sig but can only buy one now. That my 2 cents.

for Sig series I feel like eBay does best at realizing values vs HA or CLINK. 

What do you guys think? Is eBay the best venue for Sig Series auctions? (even with the possible headaches of buyers, returns, and other eBay annoyances)

All of my best deals on sig series books came via CLINK/HA cause it seems like the buyers there are less interested in autographed copies of books. 

(granted keys do best, and stan sigs do well so if a book were to have a chance to do well on CLINK it'd be a book like this)

10 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

for Sig series I feel like eBay does best at realizing values vs HA or CLINK. 

What do you guys think? Is eBay the best venue for Sig Series auctions? (even with the possible headaches of buyers, returns, and other eBay annoyances)

All of my best deals on sig series books came via CLINK/HA cause it seems like the buyers there are less interested in autographed copies of books. 

(granted keys do best, and stan sigs do well so if a book were to have a chance to do well on CLINK it'd be a book like this)

This makes sense ! I don't see many SS on HA or CLINK but maybe I'm just not looking for them.

3 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

This makes sense ! I don't see many SS on HA or CLINK but maybe I'm just not looking for them.

if you search for the word "Signature" in auctions they'll pop up. There arent usualy more than a few Stan sigs in any monthly auction (and far less with HA) 

If you take it down from eBay you can try to sell it on the boards might have a better chance here. Sorry that you need the funds and have to sell your books

Hmmm. Same question here, except for Frank Miller. I have a Daredevil #168 thats a 9.4. Id like to have it signed, not sure if its worth it. Same with a DK III:Master Race #1(9.8) Jim Lee variant. Im kinda new to the signatures. Any help is appreciated.  Thank you! 

15871676503041800118320782006.jpg

On 4/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jasonprehm1 said:

Hmmm. Same question here, except for Frank Miller. I have a Daredevil #168 thats a 9.4. Id like to have it signed, not sure if its worth it. Same with a DK III:Master Race #1(9.8) Jim Lee variant. Im kinda new to the signatures. Any help is appreciated.  Thank you! 

15871676503041800118320782006.jpg

It depends on what you are going for. If you are looking to resell the book you might want to consult the market analysis information available on your marketplace of choice and see what the FMV is for comparably graded books. If you are looking to bolster the value of your PC, then you might want to consult the CGC census and see what the scarcity is for those books at comparable grades. Lastly, just go for whichever one makes you smile the most when you think about Frank signing it! Hopefully  that at least gets you going in the right direction. I'm getting all my Wolverine mini-series signed. Good luck.