• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhibit A
2 2

48 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I'm glad you posted it here Joey.  We're a COMMUNITY  !!  :popcorn:

Joey uses Palpography to determine if books suitable for pressin!

8 minutes ago, Senormac said:

And you're the exile? :cool: 

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
13 minutes ago, Senormac said:

And you're the exile? :cool: 

Emperor Palpatine' wins Ukraine city council election | Film | The ...

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So he conceded and accepted?

Bet he feels stupid with that backing board now

"Gee wilickers I'll show you evil Ebay seller!"

source-1.gif

It was just a piece of paper. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Now I feel stupid

:sorry:

But in all seriousness, he completely overreacted. I'm glad you sent him in the right direction

A lot of people overreact or look for a refund, it seems to be normal business practices for some. 

14 minutes ago, joeypost said:

A lot of people overreact or look for a refund, it seems to be normal business practices for some. 

I don't know what they expect?

Some people think when they are buying a 5.5 they are getting a 9.8, when they are buying a 9.8 they are getting a 10....you did absolutely nothing wrong!

I'm glad the buyer had some decency and common sense to come on the boards and see you weren't being misleading

10 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:
10 hours ago, joeypost said:

It was just a piece of paper. 

Now I feel stupid

:sorry:

But in all seriousness, he completely overreacted. I'm glad you sent him in the right direction

It was the second poster in this thread that started the "backing board" rumor..., scratching the inner well.  Hence my eyerolls early on.  If they were backing boards, they would have been for March of Comics sized comics.

21 hours ago, kav said:

Joey uses Palpography to determine if books suitable for pressin!

Palpography is the comic book equivalent of phrenology, Except you assess the creases in the comic rather than the creases in someone's head! The client pays with PayPalography.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Palpography is the comic book equivalent of phrenology, Except you assess the creases in the comic rather than the creases in someone's head! The client pays with PayPalography.

Exactly.  An expert palpographer can run his hands across a book and much like daredevil tell who owned the book and where it was bought and every person who has ever touched it.  Its quite the science.  

It can also tell you every other comic the book was ever in contact with, and where those books are now.  Many an Action #1 has been tracked in this manner into various old lady's attics and such.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

It was the second poster in this thread that started the "backing board" rumor..., scratching the inner well.  Hence my eyerolls early on.  If they were backing boards, they would have been for March of Comics sized comics.

I know, it's crazy to think that with a thumbnail sized pic for reference that I could make such a stupid mistake, right?  meh