• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROCLIX?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone collect these or were they just part of the game years ago?  I bought a couple bag full probably 15 years ago just because I thought they were pretty cool.  Just found them in an old box I had.  Is there any value to these?  '

Thanks for any info.

Steve

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

I never played the game but I would grab some that I liked for a buck or two at conventions.  I probably have about a dozen somewhere.

Never been into the larger (and much more expensive) figurines and busts, but these were a super-cheap, subtle, and space-efficient way to decorate a room.  For example I keep Cap, Iron Man, and Thor together on a bookshelf at work.

4 hours ago, rube11 said:

Does anyone collect these or were they just part of the game years ago?  I bought a couple bag full probably 15 years ago just because I thought they were pretty cool.  Just found them in an old box I had.  Is there any value to these?  '

Thanks for any info.

Steve

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

So these all look like really early ones. They are mostly not very desirable. Eventually they started having stat cards with detailed abilities on them which are currently how they are released. Around 2014 I was buying lots of them, but like many things got out of it pretty quickly 

31 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I've seen some comic shops sell them for a buck or two a piece.  A few years back I stopped myself from buying a few because knowing me, i'd have 500 and my wife would make me move into the garage with them.  Throw them as a lot on eBay and I bet you get 100+ if you let an auction ride for a week.

I'll take the under on that bet.  I see quite a few large sets available for $50 and some random large batches going for $20.  I do see a set of 1000 going for $130 but I'm hoping he doesn't have a 1,000 of them

I had a couple of acquaintances who invited me over to play the game and tried to get me into it back in the mid-2000’s. 

I thought the figures were cool but to be good at the game involves mathematical strategy which is not my strong point. 

One of the guys I played the game with was really into it and figured out the most effective combination was something like Annihilus and a S.H.I.E.L.D. medic.  With that combo he could be anybody, Wolverine, Hulk, Thanos, anybody. 

Once I learned that I felt the game was dumb and a waste of time and never played again. 

At this point, there's not much market for 95%+ of HeroClix; most figures are worth pennies and large lot sales are frequent. Even stuff like the early-set chases, and some limited editions (like Irene Adler, especially) that used to be solid $20-50 or more are unlikely to move for more than a few dollars; for comparison with comics, there were around 1000 of each of the Supernova "Zombie" chase figs. Some of the convention exclusives are still listed in the $20-50 range; I'm not convinced how likely they are to sell for that. The first few large model convention exclusives might still sell for $100 or more (2004 Galactus, I'm looking at you). But the days of $200+ figures are long since past...

...probably except for the 2001 Toy Fair Wolverine promo, which looks like the normal IC wolverine (claws out, no sword), but is painted entirely black. Estimates vary on how many were given out; something like a dozen are known to exist. It was originally released in a small, sealed plastic back containing an advertising card. I'm not sure any are still in-bag, but that would be the HeroClix grail. Otherwise, exercise caution trying to track one down. People mis-identifying the later black Wolverine as the promo are common, and there's some suggestion that forgeries may exist as well. The Masterpiece hand-painted tournament rewards (and ultra-chase pack-in, for Masterpiece Spider-Man) were limited runs of 50, and could also still be high dollar items, but essentially require the COA to be salable; other custom paint jobs are common and direct forgeries are possible.