• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount's STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS starring Anson Mount (2022)
1 1

122 posts in this topic

"Hailing frequencies forever open" ... Just finished viewing episode 1 of SNW, and I continue to be impressed at the story arcs, effects and character development this avatar is giving us. Great season opener; the Gorns are not going away, and a first appearance of the Vulcan lute to boot.  Can't wait for E2 next week. I've seen a trailer for it but I think it was fan made? Can anyone verify whether this is legit?

enjoyed S2E1 with the exception of Carol Kane. She was too "over the top" for my taste and while they hinted that she might stay I am hoping she does not as she was an awful character.

Edited by Artboy99

On 6/18/2023 at 3:22 AM, Artboy99 said:

enjoyed S2E1 with the exception of Carol Kane. She was too "over the top" for my taste and while they hinted that she might stay I am hoping she does not as she was an awful character.

She played the character she's always played throughout her career.   An over the top smultzy jewish stereotype.   Perfect if your co-starring next to Dom Deluise, anyone else, let alone in the second biggest sci-fi franchise in history... not so much.

Did someone owe her a gigantic favour??

On 6/25/2023 at 7:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

S2E2 was so emotional, and conveyed so much of what makes Star Trek great.

^^

Agreed. I remember the episode from TNG titled 'The Measure of a Man' where a significant chunk of the plot was dedicated to the JAG and the court room, listening to the arguments about Data's personhood. And here we are again, inside a court room arguing about the inconsistency of the Prime Directive and the Federation's draconian laws towards species like Illyrians when it comes to hiring (despite the eugenics wars).

On 6/25/2023 at 5:14 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Agreed. I remember the episode from TNG titled 'The Measure of a Man' where a significant chunk of the plot was dedicated to the JAG and the court room, listening to the arguments about Data's personhood. And here we are again, inside a court room arguing about the inconsistency of the Prime Directive and the Federation's draconian laws towards species like Illyrians when it comes to hiring (despite the eugenics wars).

Agreed! "The Measure of a Man" is one of my favorite Next Gen episodes, S2E2 is right up there.

The last two episodes ('Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow' and 'Among the Lotus Eaters') have been well written, although I thought the dialogue between Kirk and La'an in Ep.3 at times dragged a little. So many nuanced references to past episodes from various series - this show continues to do what it should: build on a solid foundation of the Trek universe, even when alternate timelines are explored. Keep 'em coming!

I have to say it, Carol Kane continues to be the worst casting I've seen in a very long time.   The flow, and tone of the shows is completely changed each time she opens her mouth.   

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-carol-kane-interview

“Okay, so I didn’t audition,” Carol Kane tells Inverse. “I was called. And I was shocked. I was stunned. Never in my life did I imagine myself on Star Trek.”    ...that makes two of us Carol.

Reading through the article, I get the feeling this another one of those things where they trolling the fan's (shrug)

Edited by Microchip

On 5/5/2022 at 2:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

What a fantastic first episode.

So many legacy characters portrayed in a fantastic way. And a Pike haunted by the fact he know his future fate.

Lying down scanning shows I have yet to watch and was amazed how much Star Trek is on Paramount+. Saw a promo and was initially reluctant as THE MENAGERIE is among my least favorite TOS episodes and the Talosians basically freaked me out. But dang if this pilot (see what I did there?!) didn't draw me right in. Thoroughly enjoyed this and I was amazed how well it drew from THE MENAGERIE. Am psyched I have a lot more ahead of me to explore (see what I did again?!) :blush:

Edited by PovertyRow
tramadol