• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How's the new boards server working out?

65 posts in this topic

Only remaining odd behavior is threads with new posts are no longer bold Though you can still see which threads have something new by the (2) of new posts.

I think from last time, this was skin dependent. I'm using The Blues. (Also as I recall from last time, this behavior is not under the user's control to configure, yes?)

Also, Javascripts such as Instant UBB Code, Instant Graemlins still not working here. Though it is simple enough to type in the code acclaim.gif

Issues? Good?

First thing I noticed is that the web page does not hold your place. When you go back to a forum from a thread it automatically pops up to the top of the page instead of where you were at. Makes for a lot more scrolling. Minor annoyance.

On the positive note, it also automatically unbolds the thread you just read instead of having to hit Refresh.

It's all definitely faster, and all the UBBC code problems are now gone. I also like the automatic unbolding of just read threads.

So thumbsup2.gif from me.

yeahok.gif