• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

God, Snyder is incredibly insufferable. Props to him for having a "vision", it's just a shame that "vision" has to involve nothing but death and destruction, which this trailer has in spades. God forbid his movies be, you know, fun. At least he'll have Iris West. Hopefully he doesn't decide to kill her.

7 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

God, Snyder is incredibly insufferable. Props to him for having a "vision", it's just a shame that "vision" has to involve nothing but death and destruction, which this trailer has in spades. God forbid his movies be, you know, fun. At least he'll have Iris West. Hopefully he doesn't decide to kill her.

I know you noted earlier you strongly dislike his films. That's your right.

But he has a large following for a reason leading to where we are now. So maybe his production approach works for more than a few.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

But he has a large following for a reason leading to where we are now. So maybe his production approach works for more than a few.

Clearly it does, and that's 1000% their right. I'm just taking the occasion of the new trailer to re-register my distaste, since the new trailer (or his commentary about the film "being for grownups") hasn't alleviated my dislike for this production.

3 minutes ago, Grails said:

4 hours of death and destruction sounds fun to me! 

My question is how much is going to be different from the Whedon version? If it is just the historic sequence and a few scenes here or there, will the fans be disappointed?

FWIW, I liked the Whedon version for what it was, and fully expect to like this more.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

My question is how much is going to be different from the Whedon version? If it is just the historic sequence and a few scenes here or there, will the fans be disappointed?

FWIW, I liked the Whedon version for what it was, and fully expect to like this more.

Yes I would be disappointed if I saw half of what I’ve seen the first time around.

Just now, Grails said:

Yes I would be disappointed if I saw half of what I’ve seen the first time around.

I expect that more than half of the movie will be the same. They may change the background colors to be more in line with Snyder stylistically, but I can't imagine they would let Whedon redo more than half of the footage. That would be way too costly.

31 minutes ago, Grails said:

29 minutes ago, kimik said:

I expect that more than half of the movie will be the same. They may change the background colors to be more in line with Snyder stylistically, but I can't imagine they would let Whedon redo more than half of the footage. That would be way too costly.

Snyder noted in an interview posted earlier in this thread more than 50% of his version was not even used in the Theatrical Cut. So we may end up seeing scenes (like Darkseid who was never shown in the TC) vastly different.

45 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Clearly it does, and that's 1000% their right. I'm just taking the occasion of the new trailer to re-register my distaste, since the new trailer (or his commentary about the film "being for grownups") hasn't alleviated my dislike for this production.

We already have a few people that make it a habit of 'registering their complaints' when new Snyder details come up. It's kind of an odd fixation when you already recognize it is not a film you want to watch.

If someone has an interest to give it a fresh try, that's different.

On 8/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, bpc3qh said:

I have no idea what movies you're watching, but they must not be the same ones that we are.