• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics for Cell Phones?

13 posts in this topic

For newcomers, probably. Japan and especially China is expected to overshadow the US in terms of technology so in those markets it will probably do great.

I still stand behind my old fashion mentality that any comic not on paper isn't really a comic. I just love the paper medium. My concern is that when comics go binary, all intrinsic value is lost from a collectible standpoint. This concept is just "comics on the go"-we discussed the impact of digital comics on our hobby in a thread a while back.

I still stand behind my old fashion mentality that any comic not on paper isn't really a comic.
I can see the future. It's online comics! yay.gif

screwy.gif

www.reallifecomics.com

www.megatokyo.com

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/ confused-smiley-013.gif They all come out in books anyways evetnually (if they are popular) so paper is still involved to an extent insane.gif

Dunno if it will catch on here among more than the trendy spooky kids, but I think it'll be a mainstay in Japan. That country has cellphone-exploded. I mean, we got nothin' on them in the cellphone department.

Word on the street is that China has exploded in technology in general, and are now expecting to overshadow us in terms of ability. Pretty soon we will have nothin' on nobody.