• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:
21 hours ago, valiantman said:

The simple thought "I want a Venom book to look at" isn't satisfied by any Marvel comic until ASM #316 came along.  Really interesting when you look back and see that 15 issue gap between Venom being a "new big bad" and Venom getting a cover being bad. :grin:

Let me ask you, while we are on the #316 topic. Maybe this is somewhere in another post, but isn't ASM #315 the 2nd appearance of Venom? Or, is this a cameo like #299 as it was brief? If #316 is the 2nd full appearance, then why doesn't CGC put it on the label like they do with other characters, e.g. ASM #135 for Punisher?

Also, why the heck does CGC put First appearance of Eddie Brock in Cameo on #298, but not First appearance of Venom in Cameo on #299? :facepalm:

ASM #315 is more than a cameo of Venom.  It would be a very big Venom book if the cover was mostly him instead of Hydro-Man. :grin:

On 12/8/2020 at 8:42 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Let me ask you, while we are on the #316 topic. Maybe this is somewhere in another post, but isn't ASM #315 the 2nd appearance of Venom? Or, is this a cameo like #299 as it was brief? If #316 is the 2nd full appearance, then why doesn't CGC put it on the label like they do with other characters, e.g. ASM #135 for Punisher?

Also, why the heck does CGC put First appearance of Eddie Brock in Cameo on #298, but not First appearance of Venom in Cameo on #299? :facepalm:

If I remember correctly, the little bit at the end of 298 includes dialogue by Eddie Brock as the symbiote slides up his arm. Since Venom is the combo of the two and they're not fully bonded, maybe that's why? Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are different styles of word bubble or font used for Venom, so maybe that's why; it's Eddie talking, not Venom.

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So....question

Where does this book wind up?

Well, you never know as this place here is always a possibilty, especially since this is often what once hot, but common as dirt recent books are really worth in the end:  :tonofbricks:  lol

Intense competition will force Dollarama to raise prices slowly due to  loonie | TheRecord.com

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/23/2020 at 7:28 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

So since this posting, we have 1,051 9.8 universal with a gain of 8 and a loss of 1 SS? :facepalm:

image.thumb.png.305bf4b7825751363be051c36392af51.png

Running the numbers again boys, since last we have 1,059 Universal, addition since last month = 8, SS = 0. Looks like a steady 8 each month added :banana:

image.thumb.png.27242018abe7eeda8e6d0f124fd8f6c9.png

18 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:
On 11/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

So since this posting, we have 1,051 9.8 universal with a gain of 8 and a loss of 1 SS? :facepalm:

image.thumb.png.305bf4b7825751363be051c36392af51.png

Running the numbers again boys, since last we have 1,059 Universal, addition since last month = 8, SS = 0. Looks like a steady 8 each month added :banana:

image.thumb.png.27242018abe7eeda8e6d0f124fd8f6c9.png

There's an easier way to run the numbers.

Every CGC Census update for ASM #300 on one page: http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/273

On 12/8/2020 at 8:42 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

No because cgc refuses to state the obvious that 299 was the first appearance in cameo the same way Wolverine is in 180. The whole body was shown in a splash page Instead of a hand and half an arm in 298. 300 is first *full* appearance as it states on the label. If they can notate it for Wolverine they can for Venom. 

23 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

No because cgc refuses to state the obvious that 299 was the first appearance in cameo the same way Wolverine is in 180. The whole body was shown in a splash page Instead of a hand and half an arm in 298. 300 is first *full* appearance as it states on the label. If they can notate it for Wolverine they can for Venom. 

:facepalm:

Venom's first few appearances are not at all comparable to Wolverine's first few appearances, even superficially.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Which one looks nicer? Serious

20201113_161125~2.jpg

The right one looks better because it looks more centered. The one on the left appears to have a bit of overwrap.  However, I'd probably go with the copy that has a deeper red color, with no production defect (jagged edges). 

7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:
On 12/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Which one looks nicer? Serious

20201113_161125~2.jpg

The right one looks better because it looks more centered. The one on the left appears to have a bit of overwrap.  However, I'd probably go with the copy that has a deeper red color, with no production defect (jagged edges). 

Unfortunately, those are 2 key visual but apparently non-technical indicators which CGC does not take too much into account when it comes to determining the final grade. O.o

I guess this is supposedly where the CVA Exceptional sticker from CL and the QES sticker from CC comes into play.  hm

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Anyone buy any of these books?

It's like a hoard of them were found and they are being sold slowly

Link

I did post this in Comics General

Here

I knew a person so enthusiastic of this book when it came out he had bought a long box worth. He probably wasn't the only one.