• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Distribution of US Published Comics in the UK (1959~1982)
15 15

6,232 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2023 at 7:47 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheers Yoz. My first choice - CRETINSLONDON@whateverthisis.net - was already taken.

And thanks again for being the only person on this forum to read and comment on the wordpress article :)

I did read it but you've now shamed me into giving you a Like.

About 16 minutes in he pulls out a UKPV Amazing Spider-man and claims these were printed a day before the cents copies - don't think I've ever heard a day before mentioned.

On 12/6/2023 at 6:42 PM, Garystar said:

About 16 minutes in he pulls out a UKPV Amazing Spider-man and claims these were printed a day before the cents copies - don't think I've ever heard a day before mentioned.

It's a well known fact Gary.  

eric-morecambe.gif.481527587abde066e8ce03122273084d.gif

On 12/6/2023 at 10:07 PM, baggsey said:

Excellent article, @Get Marwood & I - you'll have to publish all of your research as an Amazon self-published book as a minimum.

I agree. I've been telling  @Get Marwood & I that for years. A record other than that in these ephemeral pages should be left for the future.

Edit. I never can seem to work out how to "tag" someone (if that's the correct terminology). :pullhair:

Edited by Redshade

On 12/6/2023 at 6:42 PM, Garystar said:

I did read it but you've now shamed me into giving you a Like.

What he actually says is they came out the day before. 

So.... They must have been printed weeks ahead of the cents copies, sent over on the ships, distributed by T&P who then released them the exact day before they were released back in the US.

Seems reasonable.

Merry Christmas to you too Albert and Marwood.
Steve, I've been trying to find the discussions we had about the 12  "annuals" that T&P produced in 1967 by putting four remaindered DC comics, plus their covers in a hardback cover.
I spent ages last night trying to find this but either I or the CGC algorithms is not fit for purpose9_9.

On 12/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, Redshade said:

Steve, I've been trying to find the discussions we had about the 12  "annuals" that T&P produced in 1967 by putting four remaindered DC comics, plus their covers in a hardback cover.
I spent ages last night trying to find this but either I or the CGC algorithms is not fit for purpose9_9.

There's no reason it can't be both!

Although if forced to choose, I'm leaning strongly towards the CGC search function as the primary culprit.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:48 PM, Redshade said:

It's in the DC thread Stephen - starts about here and goes on for a few pages after:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/415409-dc-uk-price-variants/?do=findComment&comment=10079475

TP1967DCAnnuals.thumb.PNG.f1f8ea2e77251fdb53f4372c3a239d98.PNG

On 12/13/2023 at 5:57 PM, baggsey said:

I am absolutely humbled to have my mug shot in the top row of fellow contributors.  

This group has provided me with many a happy hour when I should be otherwise engaged in more husbandly domestic chores. The best example I've come across of crowd-sourcing to gather solid research materials. 

My very best wishes to everyone for a Happy Festive Season!

A motley crew, if ever I saw one. I'm hoping that I haven't missed anyone :wishluck:

On 12/13/2023 at 9:09 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

:)

2, 5, and 8 2'6!!  MINE! :banana:    my new lotto numbers

Fun Thread!  Happy Holidays everyone here!  Time for some eggnog.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:09 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d9c9362126a56ff9b77cbb1c96036106.PNG

:)

Right back at ya, Velma. Been skimming through a bit of this recently, but I've got a new job, so my skive-time is much reduced. :frown:

I read the Rare Comics article. First rate, as always. (worship)

Have a good one, mate. And the rest of you (us) nutters!

Meet you down the Mother Black Cap.

"Two large gins. Two pints of cider. Ice in the cider."

:cheers:

On 12/14/2023 at 1:02 PM, rakehell said:

Meet you down the Mother Black Cap. "Two large gins. Two pints of cider. Ice in the cider." :cheers:

WithnailCheers.gif.78ce156daf31948dd666af08b9edd21a.gif

On 12/14/2023 at 6:21 PM, Malacoda said:

This is fantastic. It must have taken ages.  Many thanks, Steve. 

Merry Christmas to everyone. I love this thread! 

It's a bit busy, on reflection, but thank you doctor-who-thumbs-up.gif.042865e2bb42a964bf97961a4ddb1a33.gif

And a very Merry Christmas to you too Richmond. Sterling contributions from you this year. Looking forward to UST in the New Year!