• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed!
10 10

2,444 posts in this topic

1st print, softcover of Batman: Arkham Asylum-A Serious House on Serious Earth.  This graphic novel is the Warner Books edition, and it won the 1990 Harvey Award for Excellence in Production.  It also won the Squiddy Award for Favorite Graphic Novel (1989).

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  This comic shows no wear along the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There is noticeable blunting of the bottom spine corner, especially on the back cover…which shows very mild drop damage that doesn’t break the ink.  This book was read, but it was handled very carefully…which is evident by the lack of spine binding ink breakage.  There are no cracks/bends along the spine from being read.

$20 SHIPPED

20200807_084320.thumb.jpg.6afb6a469838d7ff5887dc741ed27e19.jpg

20200807_084330.thumb.jpg.ccf0288d0f8087f27dfdbc66a40a1cb9.jpg

20200807_084337.thumb.jpg.72c2b75e1d7402cb1f4feaa30deda1c1.jpg

20200807_084345.thumb.jpg.b98d0bf721722466322596ce585b4547.jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum-Tales of Madness.  This one-shot story is Cataclysm, Part 16.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that don’t appear to break the ink.  The back cover shows a very light ink transfer near the top staple.

$8 PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman & Robin: The Official Comic Adaptation of the Warner Bros. Motion Picture.  This is a one-shot issue.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman: Batgirl #1.  This issue is a one-shot story, featuring Batgirl and Zsasz.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  Both covers show a very light, vertical ink transfers in spots long the spine.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Batman: Blackgate #1.  This issue is a one-shot story, featuring an appearance by Cluemaster.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic very light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Batman: Blackgate-Isle of Men #1.  This one-shot is Cataclysm, Part 8, featuring appearances by Clue Master and Black Spider.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic very light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows a few spots of very light ink rubs along the spine.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Batman: Dark Knight Gallery #1.  This issue is a one-shot with a wrap-around cover.  It features pin ups by numerous artists.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom one), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The bottom spine corner has a small bend through the whole book that barely breaks the ink on either cover.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman: Death of Innocents #1.  This issue is a one-shot and it was originally written to educate the American Public to the lunacy of landmines.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows light edge wear near the upper left page corner.  The first few pages of the comic show what looks to be very light moisture rippling/wrinkling near the bottom edges, but this isn’t visible on the front cover.  There isn’t any sign of moisture damage, so this rippling/wrinkling could be a production defect.  I’m not 100% on that.

$6, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Batman/Demon [nn].  This issue is a one-shot with a wrap-around cover image.  It also features an appearance by Robin.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and no staples to worry about.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom one, which shows a bit of torn paper on the back), as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks that don’t break the ink.  The spine binding on both covers shows a bit of creasing, but no ink breakage.

$7, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Batman 80-Page Giant #1 (1998).  This issue is a one-shot story, featuring appearances by Nightwing, Robin, and Huntress.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and no staples to worry about.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows some mild rippling along the top edge that will press out.  The back cover shows light soiling or ink transfers along the spine binding.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman Forever: The Official Comic Adaptation of the Warner Bros. Motion Picture.  This copy is the Mando Edition…meaning the type of paper the comic was printed on.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows a light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  Layed flat, the comic is misaligned uniformly…stapled in the wrong locations.  This is a production flaw.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

The Batman Gallery #1.  This comic shows primarily cover reprints of various Batman-related comics.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows a light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows a very small bend and wear at the bottom left corner.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman: Huntress/Spoiler-Blunt Trauma #1.  This issue is a one-shot, and is Part 13 of Cataclysm.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows very light ink transfers near the top staple.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

1st print copy of Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgement on Gotham [nn].  This one-shot comic won the UK Comic Art Award for Best Original Graphic Novel/One-shot in 1992.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there aren’t any spine stress creases/ticks to speak of.  The blunted bottom spine corner shows some very light edge wear nearby, on both covers.  The back cover shows residual tape residue near the top edge, which isn’t sticky and can't be felt.  I don’t know if this will clean off.  Another possibility is that when the tape was removed, it took some of the paper gloss with it.

I wasn't quite sure how to estimate a grade for this comic because of the 'tape' defect on the back.  It might grade lower...I don't know for sure. (shrug)

$7, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

20220518_083613.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman/Judge Dredd: The Ultimate Riddle [nn].  This is a one-shot story, featuring an appearance by Riddler.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about. There is light blunting on the spine corners, especially the bottom corner…which also shows a tear in the paper along the spine.  The front cover near that same corner shows a sizeable bend crease that barely breaks the ink.  This corner was bent at one point, causing the previously mentioned issues.  The page corners of the front cover show very light blunting, as well as a small edge bend at the top.  Both spine bindings show mild creasing that doesn’t appear to break the ink.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Batman/Judge Dredd: Vendetta in Gotham [nn].  This is a one-shot story with appearances by Scarface and Ventriloquist.  The comic won the UK Comic Art Award for Best Original Graphic Novel/One-shot in 1994.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there aren’t any staples to worry about. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the nearby edges), and there are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of.  The spine binding of the back cover shows light ink breakage in a couple spots.  There is also light scuffing on the page edge of the back cover, along the top half.

$5, PLUS SHIPPING

5 (2).jpg

6 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman Plus #1.  This one-shot comic features an appearance by Arsenal, as well as numerous other DC super-heroes.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The bottom right corner of the entire comic shows a mild bend crease that doesn’t appear to break the ink on either cover.  That same page corner is slightly blunted.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman Returns: The Official Comic Adaptation of the Warner Bros. Motion Picture.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows light wear on the spine and there are no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some light ink rubs in spots along the spine, as well as the UPC box on the front cover.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Batman/Riddler: The Riddle Factory [nn].  This issue is a one-shot story, and the cover is half of a complete image with Batman/Two-Face: Crime and Punishment one-shot comic.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine and there are no staples to worry about.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink…if at all.  There is also an ink break in the spine binding near the upper corner of the back cover.  The front cover shows a very mild edge bend near the bottom spine corner that shows very light wear, as well as very light wear near the bottom right corner’s bottom edge.  The back cover shows a light ink break at the top of the spine binding.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman: Secret Files #1.  This one-shot comic features origins and profiles about Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, and Azrael.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The comic was put together slightly out of alignment.

$5, PLUS SHIPPING

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg