• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be a Crime not to post your Detective Pulps
6 6

388 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2024 at 10:13 PM, Jack Linguini said:

SMASH DETECTIVE CASES is published quarterly by DETECTIVE HOUSE, INC.
Vol. 1, No. 5. Summer issue. 1946(likely)

@Darwination if you are still watching this forum let me know if you can tell me anything about this one.
Can't find a match on mycomicshop.com or ha.com.Or with my apparently weak google skils. I find a few other
Smash detective with similar logo text but not this one. Not important just get fascinated.

SmashDetective-V1-5.jpeg

SmashDetective-V1-5-index.jpeg

Love the logo (and this magazine had a number of logo design changes over its run).  

I recently saw a high grade issue with a painted George Gross cover from this title go for over 300 bucks, a nice wake up call that the prices on the best painted true crime mags has skyrocketed.

For those that aren't familiar, the best index site for the True Crime magazines is this one.  The images aren't huge, but the dates seem pretty solid:

http://www.pofoz.com/magazines/true-crime/index.html

Edited by Darwination

On 6/19/2024 at 5:35 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Not high grade but a nice Rader cover on this October 1961 True Detective. Hey, I take what condition I can dig up lol

True, from the early 50's to the early 60's, had a steady array of classy Good Girl covers by top artists. Nothing wild but very high quality.

20240619_195728.thumb.jpg.a0c7c04c66311dbd46706f3380cb8f71.jpg

Another cool Detective title that use to come up for sale here and their, now getting really hard to locate.   Very Cool!!!  The Nylon Strangler.....