• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hubba Hubba show your "Girly" Pulps!
9 9

341 posts in this topic

I prefer Ward's girlies to anything else he did. 

There's a handful of those earliest Bolles Tattle Tales I've never even had a crack at though, way scarcer than the later issues.  And even if I did have a crack at them, the competition is ridiculous.  I've trauma blocked it out but I'm gonna check one from *that* auction in 2023 ---->

Yep, the only one Heritage even has a record of sale on is this one:

Screenshot(239).thumb.png.08df3b868b0930748ed328a648d8c4ae.png

Probably extra pricey because of the exotic subject manner, but that's about what my car is worth :D

On 5/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, Darwination said:

LaPareeStories1930-11v01n07.IrwincoverGreiner.thumb.jpg.e01afd753114225367d21ed82880bd3e.jpg

For serious students of art only.

Reminds me of Life Drawing in art school. A lot of my friends found it hard to believe there was a class for drawing nude woman. Little did they know it wasn’t always what they expected…

On 5/24/2024 at 8:35 PM, Darwination said:

There's a handful of those earliest Bolles Tattle Tales I've never even had a crack at though, way scarcer than the later issues.  And even if I did have a crack at them, the competition is ridiculous.  I've trauma blocked it out but I'm gonna check one from *that* auction in 2023 ---->

Probably extra pricey because of the exotic subject manner, but that's about what my car is worth :D

25 cents was a lot of money during the depression. Not to mention magazines like this were not on general display. My grandpa told me you had to ask the news dealer for a copy if they sold them at all. Probably one of the reasons they are so rare today. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 9:27 AM, Robot Man said:

Reminds me of Life Drawing in art school. A lot of my friends found it hard to believe there was a class for drawing nude woman. Little did they know it wasn’t always what they expected…

I had a pal in my scholarship hall at KU that did nude modeling through the university.  He was a western Kansas farm boy (he literally wore overalls and a white T around campus) and far from beefcake.  The pay was awesome, though, and he did score a date or two with them art school girls :roflmao:

Edited by Darwination

On 5/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, Darwination said:

TwoBookSaucyStories(1936-Summer)cover.thumb.jpg.8035e624db284831f8fa8fe05d6dcaa5.jpg

A rebind title putting a new cover on unsold issues of Saucy Movie and Saucy Detective. Thick.

Oh yes, these are very rare, NICE!!!!

On 5/24/2024 at 8:35 PM, Darwination said:

I believe I seen this issue pop up for sale on Ebay a few years ago, It sold for a lot, this is a hard to find issue....  The H.J. Ward issues are very hard to locate as-well, I love them all!

Gorgeous! What a lovely subject for a bit of girlie art.  I'm not a foot guy :roflmao:but I love the delicacy of a girl painting her own toenails.  Totally unpretentious as far as pose and body shape, too.

I'll be looking for this one.

I don't think most people realize what that means in the context of the girlies, LMAO. Could be waiting for years.  May never see. And this is for a somewhat common edition. :facepalm: