• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Usagi Yojimbo/Stan Sakai Thread
3 3

152 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2022 at 7:29 AM, Wolverinex said:

What do you think buddy?

Hey hey! I think it gets you hooked from the start- a direct ancestor of Usagi trying to be like Usagi. I of course had to go into this with an open mind. 

The action, animation, his stealth like abilities, and getting a glimpse of Miyamoto at the end of the first episode made it worth it for me!  You have to give it a chance, as it’s a long way away from the comics. As others said, we are not the target demographic. I’ll watch the second episode tonight. The only reason I didn’t watch the second last night was because I have to do paperwork. 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, TSRose said:

I'm a noob to the site, but I collected extensively from '84-'89.

I have a decent set of the early Miyamoto Usagi books, but my first post on the site was in the Albedo #1 & #2 Club thread here --> My Albedo Collection

In that post I committed to following up with a pic of my Usagi books; so in a flagrant attempt to bump my post count here are the Miyamoto Usagi books:

Semper Fi - T.

Usagi Comics 001 1920.jpg

Any interest in selling one of the Albedo 2 let me know!   Amazing collection!!! :takeit:

On 5/31/2022 at 8:03 PM, BDubs said:

Any interest in selling one of the Albedo 2 let me know!   Amazing collection!!! :takeit:

Let ME know. It's the only independent comic I was unable to acquire before the rise in price.  :takeit::takeit:

On 7/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, Brewcrewfan77 said:

Was finally able to pick up Usagi's first solo issue.  Not an Albedo #2 but it sure is pretty.

Usagi.jpg

It's a great book. I wouldn't say under-rated but I would say under-appreciated next to the albedo 2 and 3.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, WolverineX said:

Sweet,  where did you buy this?

I love mine too. Definitely an awesome figure. I got mine at Target online last week. It's sold out online, but they re-release them periodically. There are people that always try to double their money quickly on ebay, but I will definitely keep a look out for you if you want one. Depending upon where you live, they may be in your local Target. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, SpideyFein said:

I love mine too. Definitely an awesome figure. I got mine at Target online last week. It's sold out online, but they re-release them periodically. There are people that always try to double their money quickly on ebay, but I will definitely keep a look out for you if you want one. Depending upon where you live, they may be in your local Target. 

Sweet,  thanks buddy.  Would love to get one for the office.  

On 9/11/2022 at 5:10 PM, WolverineX said:

Sweet,  where did you buy this?

Yep, like @SpideyFein, I was able to score it for retail on Target.com! Like he said, I believe they show up in stores too - my Targets can be hit-or-miss around here with releases, so I try to buy online if I can.