• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Contest!! Starts 7-31-21. See Page 5 for Details- Prizes are free CGC grading for the winners. All boardies in good standing can enter!
4 4

196 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2021 at 8:16 PM, electricprune said:

Ok everyone, the votes are IN! Thanks to everyone that submitted. Just like last year, this was fun to do. We had 13 entries ranging from the funny to the serious. The two judges graded each one without knowing what the other judge scored the entry. Points were from 0-10 with .5s being allowed. The Italian judge took almost an hour to judge them. She took her responsibilities very seriously! The two highest combines scores are the winners. And they are:

Hide contents

Cushing Fan- 18 Points and Frozentundraguy 17.5 points. :applause:

Just like last year, I'm going to give out 1 Modern to the two other entrants that tied for third with 17 points. That is onlyweaknesskryptonite and bkdreader. Bkrd has now proven himself in these contests, winning a prize in each. And let's be honest, @SkOw's Man-Thing needs to be slabbed!

Congrats to you four, and thanks again for entering. Thankfully, the Italian judge did not beat the American judge as she did last year. There was drama, however. The Italian judge actually cried when reading cushingfan's entry. I'm not kidding, she was bawling. Now, that's not a rare occurrence, but I certainly didn't expect it from reading a post in this thread.

I'll PM everyone tomorrow to get everything rolling.

(worship)

Thank you for hosting this awesome contest and to both you and your wife (especially when she wasn't feeling well) for taking the time . Also for sharing your registry award . Definitely had a lot of fun. It was amazing to see all the entries.  

I also have to thank @SkOw for giving me his Man Thing. :foryou:

Without that none of this would have been possible.  

and yes it definitely needs to be slabbed. :roflmao:

Congratulations to all of the winners and everyone who participated! :golfclap:

I'm amazed and grateful to be a 2x winner, thank you to the very kind judges. Everyone really stepped it up this year, congrats to all the winners! Even the posts that didn't win were fantastic :golfclap:. Thank you so very much @electricprune   for doing this a second time and letting others share in your winnings, again. You're wonderful for doing it (and just in general, I'm sure). (Big props to Skow for being a step above the rest and hooking up onlyweakness, just amazing, as was the idea to post the thread as an entry).

:foryou::headbang:

On 8/11/2021 at 9:32 PM, Bkd Reader said:

I'm amazed and grateful to be a 2x winner, thank you to the very kind judges. Everyone really stepped it up this year, congrats to all the winners! Even the posts that didn't win were fantastic :golfclap:. Thank you so very much @electricprune   for doing this a second time and letting others share in your winnings, again. You're wonderful for doing it (and just in general, I'm sure). (Big props to Skow for being a step above the rest and hooking up onlyweakness, just amazing, as was the idea to post the thread as an entry).

Wait you won a 2nd time?  I call shenanigans! :headbang:

P.S.  Super congrats to everyone that won and all the players.  We really are all winners. :)

@electricprune You are really a class act, taking your hard earned win and sharing with the community.  Thanks again for the contest and the chance to compete.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:32 PM, Bkd Reader said:

(Big props to Skow for being a step above the rest and hooking up onlyweakness, just amazing, as was the idea to post the thread as an entry).

Thank you.

It definitely has been the gift that keeps on giving.  It surely deserved to be shared . I am thankful for every bit of it. 

(The gift and the story behind it , get your minds out of the gutter.) :roflmao:

:foryou:

On 8/11/2021 at 10:43 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Thank you.

It definitely has been the gift that keeps on giving.  It surely deserved to be shared . I am thankful for every bit of it. 

(The gift and the story behind it , get your minds out of the gutter.) :roflmao:

:foryou:

I’m just glad for you that it will be safely encased in plastic so people can handle it without you worrying that it will be damaged or blemished in any way. :baiting:xD

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Got this back this last week. Thank you@electricprune for hosting this contest and  @SkOw  for the generous gift that was in @Azkaban's sales thread. Thank you to each of these wonderful board members! 

20211021_091411.jpg

20211021_091421.jpg

On 10/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Got this back this last week. Thank you@electricprune for hosting this contest and  @SkOw  for the generous gift that was in @Azkaban's sales thread. Thank you to each of these wonderful board members! 

20211021_091411.jpg

20211021_091421.jpg

Thanks for finding the thread and giving it a :bump: with the boards url changes, it couldn't have been easy.

That said I hope more do the same :download: 

CONGRATS on the WIN!! 

On 10/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks for finding the thread and giving it a :bump: with the boards url changes, it couldn't have been easy.

That said I hope more do the same :download: 

CONGRATS on the WIN!! 

You are welcome.  Really it wasn't too hard. Even though the board search function can be a PITA with enough practice it can still get you to what you are looking for.

Thank you!