• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigrees found in the wild?
2 2

72 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2022 at 7:50 AM, jmg3637 said:

Even if they are not pedigrees they are nice to have.  What LCS in Los Angeles Has books like these?  Most of the ones I have been to don't even have mush older SA  let alone ANY Gold

Got them at House or Secrets in Burbank. They get nice collections in occasionally.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:23 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

What constitutes the wild?  Comic shops?  Mail order catalogs?  Garage sales?  Anything but auction houses?  Comics not labeled as pedigrees?  I'm confused. hm

From how I've heard it, something you stumble across in person, so book stores, comic shops, garage sales, dumpsters behind the old Payless, etc.  Online or in a catalog, imo, wouldn't apply.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:23 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

What constitutes the wild?  Comic shops?  Mail order catalogs?  Garage sales?  Anything but auction houses?  Comics not labeled as pedigrees?  I'm confused. hm

On 1/30/2022 at 2:28 AM, waaaghboss said:

From how I've heard it, something you stumble across in person, so book stores, comic shops, garage sales, dumpsters behind the old Payless, etc.  Online or in a catalog, imo, wouldn't apply.

I would suggest online (eBay/auction) or even catalogs could count IF not identified (and certainly not priced) as ped by source when acquired.  So any lucky find kind of thing.   To give the newcomers their props, too, since "in the wild" has evolved over time?    

Edited by Pantodude

I was reading this thread and was going through my comics at the same time. I saw this “P” marking so of course I thought it was something special. 

Based on the dates, not a Penn, though it does seem there are a preponderance of “P” marks on comics from the golden age for whatever reason. 

B7797A07-C91F-4C75-ACEC-F582F569629D.thumb.jpeg.19cada51bcd24dafbfea11949d720f67.jpeg

On 1/30/2022 at 6:32 AM, Pantodude said:

I would suggest online (eBay/auction) or even catalogs could count IF not identified (and certainly not priced) as ped by source when acquired.  So any lucky find kind of thing.   To give the newcomers their props, too, since "in the wild" has evolved over time?    

OK, so following those rules, I have 12 Cookeville's, 1 Rockford, and 3 Circle 8's found in the wild.  :whee:

On 1/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

OK, so following those rules, I have 12 Cookeville's, 1 Rockford, and 3 Circle 8's found in the wild.  :whee:

And I have . . . stil just the one.  :sorry:I was thinking about the NEW blood. Give them something to cheer about!  Have a heart. :baiting:

Edited by Pantodude

On 1/30/2022 at 12:49 PM, Pantodude said:

And I have . . . stil just the one.  :sorry:I was thinking about the NEW blood. Give them something to cheer about!  Have a heart. 

Is Eldon actually a pedigree?  If so, then I have a bunch of Karen Prizler's too...and 3 Paul's.:roflmao:Of course, if you don't shop at my LCS, you've probably never seen a Prizler...:tonofbricks:

25557938377_5d30e4cf8b_c.jpg

16543665151_78c1b58dd9_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 1/30/2022 at 11:59 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Is Eldon actually a pedigree?  If so, then I have a bunch of Karen Prizler's too...and 3 Paul's.:roflmao:Of course, if you don't shop at my LCS, you've probably never seen a Prizler...:tonofbricks:

25557938377_5d30e4cf8b_c.jpg

16543665151_78c1b58dd9_c.jpg

“Pauls” the best OO collection I’ve ever had the good luck to pick!

My question is, will a pedigree ever be found to surpass the Mile High as the top ped, and how far off was the Promise to doing that? I suspect everyone feels the Promise Collection isn't even remotely close to the Mile High, but how far off?