• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Hamill shows off his copy of Detective Comics #27 in 1996
1 1

31 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Well he says at the end of his clip that he was ditching collecting as it was getting too expensive, so I’m not sure.

If Luke Skywalker thought comics were getting too expensive to collect in 1996....he would literally krap a lightsaber if he saw today's prices. 

Edited by Domo Arigato

Nicolas Cage bought Action Comics #1 at Metropolis Comics in 1994 (I think) for only $10,000 and got Tec #27 in other place (no price available).  He framed AC #1 and Tec #27 on the wall for about two years until few books were stolen.  He decided to sell his over 1,000 GA books in his collection. He sold All-Star Comics #8 CGC 9.0 for only $1500 but he made money.

https://www.catawiki.com/stories/4499-celebrity-collections-nicolas-cage-s-comic-book-collection

Edited by JollyComics

5 hours ago, cmixer said:

When everything went for sale, I only bought 2 books ... very low grade Luke Cage comics, because I liked the fact that he must have personally read them 10x and changed his name based on this character. 

I own one of Nic Cage's custom made frames that one of his comics was in.

I don't know how many frames he had for his comic books but I assume it was one of the ones that were on his wall when his collection was stolen.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I own one of Nic Cage's custom made frames that one of his comics was in.

I don't know how many frames he had for his comic books but I assume it was one of the ones that were on his wall when his collection was stolen.

I read the news. Tec 27, Tec 1 and AC 1 were framed. All of them were stolen from the wall.

9 hours ago, cmixer said:

"Nicolas Cage was actually born Nicolas Kim Coppola. When entering the Hollywood scene, Nicolas did not want to be associated with his famous uncle, director Francis Ford Coppola. He wished to make his own reputation and therefore took on a stage name: Nicolas Cage. The choice for this last name was not made randomly. Nicolas had always been a huge fan of superheroes and comic books, so he decided to take on the name of one of his favourites: Luke Cage, the superhero from Marvel Comics."

I think that part of the story is that he married Elvis Presley's daughter, and he sold his collection at that point (at her request). 

When everything went for sale, I only bought 2 books ... very low grade Luke Cage comics, because I liked the fact that he must have personally read them 10x and changed his name based on this character. 

I own his Planet Comics 6.

21 hours ago, cmixer said:

I think that part of the story is that he married Elvis Presley's daughter, and he sold his collection at that point (at her request).

I found the better information.  Actually the copy was sold over $135K to Fischer (I knew $10K was misquoted) before Nick started to collect the comic books.

He had several parties at his house when three books were stolen. His fault.  Yes, his marriage to Lisa Marie was short lived and he still blamed her for letting his collection too early.  - https://popculthq.com/2016/06/20/how-big-of-a-comic-book-fan-is-nicholas-cage-the-tale-of-his-stolen-action-comics-1/

I feel sorry for his son has a corny name too.

Edited by JollyComics