• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

His grading is so bad it ventures well into scam territory. Pretty impressive that he was able to squeeze five full points of overgrading into a "6.0".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-7-MARVEL-1960-Dinosaurs-1st-Anuxa-6-0/224130646704?hash=item342f3a42b0:g:ddAAAOSw2WBfQx8Z

Sad to see the character resto label issue books still floating around... hopefully the book sells for the purple price not the blue 

6 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Not as bad as buying purple books, cracking them out and selling them as raw (and not mentioning resto) but what he's doing is certainly adjacent.

He knows the books are purple.

He doesn't mention it in the description because it's in fine print on the label.

He knows some people will miss it and could end up paying blue prices for a purple book.

There are sins of commission, then there are sins of omission.

He's not lying, but he's not being clear in disclosing the truth. 

Just because you may have bought books from him in the past that were fine, doesn't absolve him of what he's doing now.

I think it's more malevolent than the sin of omission since he was personally asked on these boards by CGC to send the books back so they could get the correct labels. That doesn't cost him anything, since it's their error. And yet he has chosen not to. So this is very much deliberate. He is trying to sell these off as something they are not. It was of course also really bad and devious that he used this character label loophole knowing that it existed so that he could get his restored books in blue labels in the first place. If it looks like a scammer, sounds like a scammer, smells like a scammer, I don't know what else it could be.

4 minutes ago, october said:

His grading is so bad it ventures well into comicconnect/metropolis territory. Pretty impressive that he was able to squeeze five full points of overgrading into a "6.0".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-7-MARVEL-1960-Dinosaurs-1st-Anuxa-6-0/224130646704?hash=item342f3a42b0:g:ddAAAOSw2WBfQx8Z

Fixed that for you ;)

His grading is so bad it ventures well into scam territory. Pretty impressive that he was able to squeeze five full points of overgrading into a "6.0".

Weird how the title says it's a 6.0 but he calls it a 3.0 in the description.

Man.  That grade is laughable and no I wasn't aware of the history with this specific seller. If the message trail in the other thread is verbatim he has very little to say that could justify this.  Pretty swarmy. That said, there are very few sellers on ebay who do get the benefit of the doubt from me.  Photos and price tell the tale not what Joe Blow says the condition is.   

10 minutes ago, William-James88 said:
17 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Just got a message on eBay from the seller stating that the book was accidentally relisted and is currently at CGC.  He is ending the auction.

I don't see how a specific book that was not listed before can be relisted as an auction.

Sounds like he going his hand caught in the cookie jar.

9 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I don't see how a specific book that was not listed before can be relisted as an auction.

He previously sold it July 26 for $591

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-7-CGC-6-0-OW-W-Marvel-1963-2nd-Vulture-/224089235363?hash=item342cc25fa3%3Ag%3AMk0AAOSwYaZfFzvX&nma=true&si=viuuu%2FUsTtVyDx822JrfqbNmVTU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

dylan.thumb.jpg.31e74f95665b990b791a15d2474cae5e.jpg

5 minutes ago, vheflin said:

Sure, but it wasn't listed last week, hence why I was wondering how a book could be relisted by mistake. Doesn't that usually happen with "buy it now" listings that get relisted automatically? Look, this could indeed be a mistake but I hope no one blames me for being doubtful.

Edited by William-James88

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

Sure, but it wasn't listed last week, hence why I was wondering how a book could be relisted by mistake. Doesn't that usually happen with "buy it now" listings that get relisted automatically? 

He sold it, it was returned and then he clicked relist to sell it again.  It wasn't relisted by accident and it isn't at CGC.

7 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Sure, but it wasn't listed last week, hence why I was wondering how a book could be relisted by mistake. Doesn't that usually happen with "buy it now" listings that get relisted automatically? 

Edited by vheflin
double post!