• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason Fabok Apologies For Comic Shop Charging $50 To Sign Three Jokers

32 posts in this topic

In the video posted to Instagram, it appears Jason Fabok is walking back a lot of the criticism he made about the Woodbridge Heroes shop and the way the signing was handled.  It appears to be an attempt to help the shop with damage control after all of the heated backlash they've been facing.

The shop could have avoided most (if not all) of this by being up front with the costs.  Several of the posts on Instagram talk about how there was no information regarding prices prior to the signing....even for those people that contacted the store directly beforehand.

I don't think the shop needs to be run out of town for this, but I also don't think they handled it very well at all.

Woodbridge Heroes made these posts below on their Facebook page when people were asking about the signing and the associated costs.  It appears they made the decision to not post pricing until 9 a.m. the morning of the signing and only did so at the shops location. 

Fabok.jpg.2c5cc7433d28d9b6742f263b6d69dcce.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

9 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

In the video posted to Instagram, it appears Jason Fabok is walking back a lot of the criticism he made about the Woodbridge Heroes shop and the way the signing was handled.  It appears to be an attempt to help the shop with damage control after all of the heated backlash they've been facing.

The shop could have avoided most (if not all) of this by being up front with the costs.  Several of the posts on Instagram talk about how there was no information regarding prices prior to the signing....even for those people that contacted the store directly beforehand.

So now he is shady to. 

Several of the posts on Instagram talk about how there was no information regarding prices prior to the signing....even for those people that contacted the store directly beforehand.

And people still ponied up their money? Who the hell buys sight unseen? :facepalm:

Now I see Domo's screenshot above about 9am. This comic shop is run by insufficiently_thoughtful_persons but all the people who showed up books in hand not knowing the cost and and then still buying into this once they knew the price are also insufficiently_thoughtful_persons 

Edited by Grandmaster B

I don't think the shop needs to be run out of town for this, but I also don't think they handled it very well at all.

Woodbridge Heroes made these posts below on their Facebook page when people were asking about the signing and the associated costs.  It appears they made the decision to not post pricing until 9 a.m. the morning of the signing and only did so at the shops location. 

Fabok.jpg.2c5cc7433d28d9b6742f263b6d69dcce.jpg

Very professional :facepalm: