• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Accident!!!
2 2

44 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Ugh, F@#$! Damn autofill put in $675 as my max bid and I only wanted to put in $6! I don't want the book but only wanted to watch it!  I emailed Clink to see if they can fix it.  Has this happened to anyone else?

If you only wanted to watch it, how were you entering any numbers at all?

Just now, Lightning55 said:

If you only wanted to watch it, how were you entering any numbers at all?

Clink doesn't have a watch function.  You have to bid on the item in order to follow it.  Typically you just bid a low number that will not win the auction (if you do win it then it's a really good deal). My bid of $675 might win the auction, a bid of $6 won't win the auction.

6 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

How 1990's.  I'm betting that you can bookmark it, but that's just an awkward substitute.  They gotta fix that.

That might work if you are following just a single book or two but if you want to follow a lot of books that's not really a good option.

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

That might work if you are following just a single book or too but if you want to follow a lot of books that's not really a good option.

I hear you on that.  So 20 people "watching" a comic by submitting token bids looks like a flurry of activity, when in fact there would be no bids at all until later.  Good for Clink and the seller, hazardous to the bidders.

28 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

That might work if you are following just a single book or two but if you want to follow a lot of books that's not really a good option.

How about the old, time tested pen and pad, kept on the computer desk for such an occasion? (shrug)  Issue, #, grade, page number, time ending. You can also write down any notes you may want to review. GP or GoCollect data, what the bid is at a certain time, how high you're willing to go, other sites with the same book, if any, etc., etc. 

Edited by James J Johnson