• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay very high grade

38 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Avi said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

B2, and if I had to bet, I'd bet B5 also.

comicbingo.png

This is GOLD! Row3 is everything wrong with the hobby today.

O1 also seems to be a problem right now.  "King of the Symbiotes!"  "A brunette Harley!"  "Venom-War-Machine!" etc., etc., etc.

Edited by valiantman

18 hours ago, Comicdave said:

What gets me annoyed as a seller is the opposite end of the spectrum. It's the dealers that list a book as a VG and when I look at the picture i can't see any noticeable defects that would knock the book down that far. I realize there can be some hidden defects, but if a books like a vf/nm book and it's graded a very good, i think it would be important to note in the description why this book is graded this way. As a seller it makes it harder to sell a book that's a fine/very fine for a decent price when several other books look better but are graded lower. When I grade a book I try to be as realistic as i can and not let wishful thinking affect the grade I give. It seems a lot of these big dealers are leaving some money on the table. I understand being conservative, but there is a difference between grading a F/VF book as a VG/F or even a fine and grading a VF+ or better as a VG/F or less.

Which eBay/online dealers sells F/VF books as VG? Asking for a friend. 🤓

i personally dont ever buy raw books on feebay. it's impossible to determine accurate grades from a bunch of usually lousy pics online. and since it's impossible to leave negative feedback there anymore, there are no consequences for overgrading, so it's common for sellers. 

5 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i personally dont ever buy raw books on feebay. it's impossible to determine accurate grades from a bunch of usually lousy pics online. and since it's impossible to leave negative feedback there anymore, there are no consequences for overgrading, so it's common for sellers. 

This. Emphatically seconded. 

On 10/9/2020 at 10:55 AM, Avi said:

This is GOLD! Row3 is everything wrong with the hobby today.

N3 (sell free comic book day comics), is this a "thing" now?  I recently saw someone trying to sell free comic book day comics and they were asking some ridiculous amount ($49 or $79) if I recall.  Crazy. 

2 minutes ago, DWL said:

N3 (sell free comic book day comics), is this a "thing" now?  I recently saw someone trying to sell free comic book day comics and they were asking some ridiculous amount ($49 or $79) if I recall.  Crazy. 

Yep. Couple of them have first appearance so fomo sells

2 minutes ago, Avi said:

Hum, interesting.  Sorry, but I have to ask, what is "fomo"?  You kids these days :preach:

Just now, DWL said:
5 minutes ago, Avi said:

Hum, interesting.  Sorry, but I have to ask, what is "fomo"?  You kids these days :preach:

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out :foryou: 

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

It's simply par for the course. A 100% positive feedback seller. VG to FN condition raw books represented as "very high grade", ebay is the arena of buyers with lowered expectations, where mediocrity flourishes and thrives. 

Edited by James J Johnson