• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUICOPIA IS CLOSED.
3 3

1,104 posts in this topic

Well,  when all was  said and done,  there WAS  one  legitimate  superhero book  in  the batch after all.

Fighting  American 7
Prize,  1955

Last  issue  of  the Simon and Kirby  classic. And this one is a beauty. 
Small  dogear  lower  RH  FC,   larger NCB  fold  same spot,  would press out nicely. Faintest  touch  of    dust shadow  LH edge BC, 
teensy  tear  lower  edge BC.  Flat, square,  tight,  glossy,  white pages.  

Grab a Kirby  gem  for   $200  SOLD!

igzQaPl.jpg

Edited by catrick339

12 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

This might  be  the  biggest  book  of  the thread. 

The United States  Marines 7
M. E.,  1952

This is  THE  classic  flamethrower  cover,  IMO, as  Our Heroes   flame up  a  bunch  of  Dirty  Commies  in full color.  
Prices  have  been  blowing up  on  this  book,  the  last  two  GPA  sales  were   a 4,.0 in  May  at  $790, and  
a 3.5  in  August  at  $675. 

This  one  should  grade  somewhere  right  in  there.  There are no  major  flaws,   just  some  general  wear,  enough 
to keep  it  juuust  below  midgrade.  If it doesn't  sell here  I'm  sending it off  for  a  press  and  a  slab. 
Whiff  of  stacking  roll,  general wear,   Jim's  signature  as usual.  Tight spine  and CF,  offwhite pages. 

Priced to  move  at  $600,  and yeah,   I'm FIRM on this one. 

nxX42LH.jpg

Could you post a pic of the back of this?

26 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Fightin' Army 16 (#1)

Pretty  sharp  copy  with  a  really  weird  production  flaw.  

Touch  of   stacking roll,   small tear  lower  spine  with  dangling  chad  still  firmly  attached, light dust shadow upper edge  BC. 
Glossy,  tight  spine  and  CF,  clean,  white  pages,   minor  general wear.    Here's  the  weird:
Cover  is  on it  upside down.   I  kid you  not,  open the front  cover,   you're looking  at  the  last page of  the  book. 

Upside  down. 

I've  shown  it  to  a  couple other dealers,  they  all  agree  it's  production.  
bfJYUTj.jpg

Weird,  huh?

I  know  there  are folks out  there who  collect  comics  with  production  flaws,   this one  is  a beauty. 

Asking  $75

u8ou9Qw.jpg

:takeit:

25 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

This might  be  the  biggest  book  of  the thread. 

The United States  Marines 7
M. E.,  1952

This is  THE  classic  flamethrower  cover,  IMO, as  Our Heroes   flame up  a  bunch  of  Dirty  Commies  in full color.  
Prices  have  been  blowing up  on  this  book,  the  last  two  GPA  sales  were   a 4,.0 in  May  at  $790, and  
a 3.5  in  August  at  $675. 

This  one  should  grade  somewhere  right  in  there.  There are no  major  flaws,   just  some  general  wear,  enough 
to keep  it  juuust  below  midgrade.  If it doesn't  sell here  I'm  sending it off  for  a  press  and  a  slab. 
Whiff  of  stacking  roll,  general wear,   Jim's  signature  as usual.  Tight spine  and CF,  offwhite pages. 

Priced to  move  at  $600,  and yeah,   I'm FIRM on this one. 

Take.. these flamethrower books are just too cool. 

The United States  Marines 7  is  SOLD!

Thank  you  whomerjay!  I think  you  got  a  fair  deal on this  one,  and  I'm  pretty  happy too. 

Let's  hear it  for  the  jay!

Just now, catrick339 said:

The United States  Marines 7  is  SOLD!

Thank  you  whomerjay!  I think  you  got  a  fair  deal on this  one,  and  I'm  pretty  happy too. 

Let's  hear it  for  the  jay!

Bounty_coder has my Battle Cry 1 :cry:...this one will ease the pain.

That's it,  Gang.   Back  around  1 PM  with  another handful  of  interesting  books
Maybe not  ***this***  interesting,  but  interesting  nevertheless!

See you then. 

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

You are not alone. I sold it too early. It was 4.0 copy for only $65. It’s tough to find it again.

Yeah, and this Marines 7 seems equally tough... can’t go wrong with these classics.

Edited by whomerjay

9 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

We are now brothers. I have it too. :martini:

Evidently not many copies out there; 13 on census, who knows how many raw.  I also think war collectors buy and rarely release. Either way not offered often.

It's  One O'Clock  and time to Rock!

Jet Aces 1
Fiction  House, 1952

Bit of stacking roll, small tear and chip upper  edge  FC,  small tear lower  edge FC,   dogear  lower  RH  FC,  chip out upper edge BC.
Tanning halo  starting  around  perimeter of cover,  Still tight,  glossy,   clean,  white pages.

Asking $40

ZwbeBjg.jpg

White Indian
M.E., 1954

All  Frazetta,  all  day!  Reprints  four   Dan Brand  and Tipi  stories  from Durango  Kid,  all  by  Frank. 

Bit of spine roll,  some  general  wear.  Somehow  Jim  missed  signing  this one, :D 
Still tight,  good  gloss,  white pages. 

Yours for $50

V2RZivo.jpg

Foxhole 2
Mainline, 1954

Kirby  cover  and art,   according to  O'street based on  some of Jack's  wartime experiences, 

Flat and tight,  glossy, offwhite pages.  3/4" tear upper BC,  with  matching  tears  upper edge of the last  few  leaves.  Nothing touches  art. 

Yours  for  $75  SOLD!

pXC2Zac.jpg

Edited by catrick339