• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUICOPIA IS CLOSED.
3 3

1,104 posts in this topic

Just now, catrick339 said:

Here we go,  last book  for  the  evening. 

Fighting  Leathernecks 2
Toby,  1952

There's a  small corner  off upper   LH  FC, doesn't  show in the scan  because  I  knocked it off  when  I  rebagged the book,  lol
Will  be  tucked inside. General wear,   chipping here  and there, tears  BC  near upper  staple,  browning around the  
perimeter of the  cover,  getting  brittle  at  the edges.   Displays nicely,   several pin up  pages in  the back of the book, 

Asking  $10

smcM5b7.jpg

Take

Fighting  Leathernecks 2
Toby,  1952

There's a  small corner  off upper   LH  FC, doesn't  show in the scan  because  I  knocked it off  when  I  rebagged the book,  lol
Will  be  tucked inside. General wear,   chipping here  and there, tears  BC  near upper  staple,  browning around the  
perimeter of the  cover,  getting  brittle  at  the edges.   Displays nicely,   several pin up  pages in  the back of the book, 

Asking  $10

smcM5b7.jpg

Take 

Fighting  Leathernecks 2
Toby,  1952

Asking  $10

smcM5b7.jpg

:takeit:

Fighting  Leathernecks 2
Toby,  1952

Asking  $10

smcM5b7.jpg

:takeit:

Fighting  Leathernecks 2 is  SOLD!  

Thanks  Jay!

(Makes  mental  note  to  list  more  Toby  Press books)

Edited by catrick339

6 hours ago, catrick339 said:

All right  Gang,  gather round  while  Uncle Catrick  clues you in  about  tomorrow's  fun, 

Either  around  7 AM  if  I'm  awake  early,  or  around  1  PM  if  I  snooze  in,  I'll be  listing  a handful  of  reeeeeallllly  interesting 
books.  If it's early  I'll have  ANOTHER   handful  of  reeeeeeealllly  interesting  books  in  the afternoon  session, 
Either  way,   I'll have another  25 or 30  fun books    tomorrow  evening  starting at  8  PM. 

YOU HAVE  BEEN  NOTIFIED

So you are in EST zone so my CST zone is REALLLLLLLLLLLY early (Yawn!).

(Stretches,  yawns,   scratches  backside,  stares  blearily at monitor.  Smacks  lips  a  couple times, hacks up  something  nasty)

Coffee....

So,  there  were  a  whole  TWO  precode  horror  books in  the  batch,  both  are  going  up  in  this  handful. 

Vault of  Horror 37
EC, 1954

Large  split lower  spine, all the way up  to  the lower  staple.  There appear  to be two small  pieces missing,   they're both  still present
but  folded under. Lower  staple  loose  from  cover. A shame,  the  rest of the book  is pretty  nice.   Touch  of spine roll,  couple  small  
dogears, bit of general wear.  Interior  is  nice,  tight with  offwhite - white pages. 

Asking  $50,  FIRM.   SOLD!

lOwrWvx.jpg

Edited by catrick339

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

So,  there  were  a  whole  TWO  precode  horror  books in  the  batch,  both  are  going  up  in  this  handful. 

Vault of  Horror 37
EC, 1954

Large  split lower  spine, all the way up  to  the lower  staple.  There appear  to be two small  pieces missing,   they're both  still present
but  folded under. Lower  staple  loose  from  cover. A shame,  the  rest of the book  is pretty  nice.   Touch  of spine roll,  couple  small  
dogears, bit of general wear.  Interior  is  nice,  tight with  offwhite - white pages. 

Asking  $50,  FIRM. 

lOwrWvx.jpg

Take

Fightin' Army 16 (#1)

Pretty  sharp  copy  with  a  really  weird  production  flaw.  

Touch  of   stacking roll,   small tear  lower  spine  with  dangling  chad  still  firmly  attached, light dust shadow upper edge  BC. 
Glossy,  tight  spine  and  CF,  clean,  white  pages,   minor  general wear.    Here's  the  weird:
Cover  is  on it  upside down.   I  kid you  not,  open the front  cover,   you're looking  at  the  last page of  the  book. 

Upside  down. 

I've  shown  it  to  a  couple other dealers,  they  all  agree  it's  production.  
bfJYUTj.jpg

Weird,  huh?

I  know  there  are folks out  there who  collect  comics  with  production  flaws,   this one  is  a beauty. 

Asking  $75   SOLD!

u8ou9Qw.jpg

Edited by catrick339

This might  be  the  biggest  book  of  the thread. 

The United States  Marines 7
M. E.,  1952

This is  THE  classic  flamethrower  cover,  IMO, as  Our Heroes   flame up  a  bunch  of  Dirty  Commies  in full color.  
Prices  have  been  blowing up  on  this  book,  the  last  two  GPA  sales  were   a 4,.0 in  May  at  $790, and  
a 3.5  in  August  at  $675. 

This  one  should  grade  somewhere  right  in  there.  There are no  major  flaws,   just  some  general  wear,  enough 
to keep  it  juuust  below  midgrade.  If it doesn't  sell here  I'm  sending it off  for  a  press  and  a  slab. 
Whiff  of  stacking  roll,  general wear,   Jim's  signature  as usual.  Tight spine  and CF,  offwhite pages. 

Priced to  move  at  $600,  and yeah,   I'm FIRM on this one.   SOLD!

nxX42LH.jpg

EDIT:  Adding   BC  scan  plus   CF  scan,  per  request

Ert77HU.jpg

Q9wXWt7.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's the  second,  and  last,  PCH  book

Mysteries  Weird and Strange #1

Classic   PCH  book,  and this  is only  the SECOND book  out of the batch  that  I've found  that  has   the  CF  missing, Sigh...
Spine roll,  tear RH  edge FC,  small corner off upper  RH  FC, tear  LH edge BC,   general  wear.  And a missing 
centerfold.   Mutter,   grumble.

Who  wants  a  reader with  a great  cover  for  $20?  SOLD!

w6AU4wW.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's the  second,  and  last,  PCH  book

Mysteries  Weird and Strange #1

Classic   PCH  book,  and this  is only  the SECOND book  out of the batch  that  I've found  that  has   the  CF  missing, Sigh...
Spine roll,  tear RH  edge FC,  small corner off upper  RH  FC, tear  LH edge BC,   general  wear.  And a missing 
centerfold.   Mutter,   grumble.

Who  wants  a  reader with  a great  cover  for  $20?

w6AU4wW.jpg

Take