• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is a Blue label better than a Purple?

307 posts in this topic

But the totally unrestored guys would hand in there books to get gold.The slight resto and more would have there blue with a resto numerical system.

I just feel that the totally unrestored stuff deserves a class all buy itself.

i do not think words are enougheven if large letters.totally unrestored derseves its on col0r more than restored derserves its own color blue.

And I feel a lot more comfortable if we were comparing two copies of the same book in the same grade - one in a blue and one in a purple label. Who knows why Adv 40 and More Fun 52 sell for different prices?

You know what I think is going to happen? The restored books aren't going to go up that much.

The only difference really between the Edgar Church More Fun #52 CGC 9.2 Blue label with very minor color touch and very minor glue and the Edgar Church Adventure Comics #40 CGC 9.2 Slight (A) with "very small amount of color touch, glue on the spine of cover" is the label color

screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

You all seem to be forgetting a little thing called the CGC UNIVERSAL GRADE..

Also,

please stop saying[but you have proven my point with your own statement]your Not fooling anyone by starting every single statement with that bit of psycology.

Were i stand is

I am for a blue label for restored with a numerical system for degress or restoration only if a totally restored book gets a color all for itself too.The king of the hill should get a color that CLEARLY separates it from all the rest.I think it should be gold because that is what it is . Big words alone are not good enough on the label as you feel that big words on restored books are not good enough[you want a color change too.....I am NOT for a label color change for restored books if there is no color change for totally unrestored books.Say what you want but a book with a dot of intentional color touch is not an unrestored book! Work has been done to it.

If i call a dealer and tell him i want an unrestored Detective 1 and he sends a detective 1 with minor minor color touch[because cgc considers that unrestored, i will be pissed.I know what the word unrestored means.It means no work done to it at all, that is accept in this hobby.

Let me refrase as i thought about what i said on the way home.

Its not that i am FOR the new system.I am willing to SETTLE for the new system

if there is a color differentiation for totally unrestored books,as i think blue labels for restored and even extensively restored books are going to be the same color as a totally unrestored book. I think thats very unfair to totally unrestored books. THAT GAP IS JUST TO LARGE FOR THEM TO HAVE THE SAME COLOR LABELS.Dont expect me to accept the large lettering on the label because you wont accept it on the label with a plod.You want it blue too! So thats only fair.I also think the all blue is unfair to the uneducated collector[as we all know a dealer has never taken advantage of an unarmed educated collector before?] However youve given him the tools to take advantage and as in the past he wont let you down.....

Im willing to settle for a blue label for restored books but only if totally unrestored books get a gold label[they derserve it and you know it!]

The mile high action 1 and [joe blows] beatup restored action 1[missing the centerfold]both in the same color holder? you gotta be kidding. E nough said

so if i may, ill settle for this under the conditions mentioned. but it bothers me that the new collector will be taken advantage of with this all blue label and restoration is conservation stuff,,,,,i never should have used the word FOR..

I used to think it was safer buying certified books but the reverse has actually happened.Its actually safer to keep your books raw. With the constant rule changing its safer to buy them raw.I can now accept why the high end collectors

[you know who i mean] dentist and such wont allow there collections to be touched and subjected to cgc grading polocys.They control there own distiny , cgc controls mine.

Let me ask you this.Iif the restored crowd got the cherished blue label would you be ok with a TOTALLY unrestored book[i mean totally unrestored book] getting a gold label?.... Do you think the gold label will cause the new blue to be stigmatized. Do you think its just the very color purple doing the damage to restored books.Are you ok with blue for restored[with a numerical resto grade] and gold for totally unrestored.

a book with a dot of color touch should not be held in the same class as the totally unrestored book.

No, I would not be OK with it.

Also,

please stop saying[but you have proven my point with your own statement]your Not fooling anyone by starting every single statement with that bit of psycology.

Were i stand is

I am for a blue label for restored with a numerical system for degress or restoration only if a totally restored book gets a color all for itself too.The king of the hill should get a color that CLEARLY separates it from all the rest.I think it should be gold because that is what it is . Big words alone are not good enough on the label as you feel that big words on restored books are not good enough[you want a color change too.....I am NOT for a label color change for restored books if there is no color change for totally unrestored books.Say what you want but a book with a dot of intentional color touch is not an unrestored book! Work has been done to it.

If i call a dealer and tell him i want an unrestored Detective 1 and he sends a detective 1 with minor minor color touch[because cgc considers that unrestored, i will be pissed.I know what the word unrestored means.It means no work done to it at all, that is accept in this hobby.

A book with a dot of color touch would not get a restoration score of ZERO under a system that measured the amount of restoration though, would it? Any dealer who would send you a color touched book when you asked for unrestored would be a real insufficiently_thoughtful_person. It has nothing to do with the label color, and everything to do with the dealer's ethics. And as soon as you looked at the label with its two scores, you'd know you got ripped off.

Let me refrase as i thought about what i said on the way home.

Its not that i am FOR the new system.I am willing to SETTLE for the new system

if there is a color differentiation for totally unrestored books,as i think blue labels for restored and even extensively restored books are going to be the same color as a totally unrestored book. I think thats very unfair to totally unrestored books. THAT GAP IS JUST TO LARGE FOR THEM TO HAVE THE SAME COLOR LABELS.Dont expect me to accept the large lettering on the label because you wont accept it on the label with a plod.You want it blue too! So thats only fair.I also think the all blue is unfair to the uneducated collector[as we all know a dealer has never taken advantage of an unarmed educated collector before?] However youve given him the tools to take advantage and as in the past he wont let you down.....

Im willing to settle for a blue label for restored books but only if totally unrestored books get a gold label[they derserve it and you know it!]

The mile high action 1 and [joe blows] beatup restored action 1[missing the centerfold]both in the same color holder? you gotta be kidding. E nough said

so if i may, ill settle for this under the conditions mentioned. but it bothers me that the new collector will be taken advantage of with this all blue label and restoration is conservation stuff,,,,,i never should have used the word FOR..

The new collector can be just as easily taken advantage of with a purple label. A fool and his money are soon parted, as the saying goes, and anyone who enters this or any hobby with a big, open wallet without doing his research first should not be surprised if he is taken advantage of at some point.

As for Joe Blow's Action #1 and the Church copy of Action #1, of course they belong in the same color holder. They don't deserve the same GRADE OR RESTORATION SCORE though, do they. screwy.gif

As for Joe Blow's Action #1 and the Church copy of Action #1, of course they belong in the same color holder. They don't deserve the same GRADE OR RESTORATION SCORE though, do they.

I very strongly disagree with this statement.the differnce between these 2 books is the milkway galaxy and its differentiation should be noted like that of the milky way galaxy to reflect it! Different color and IT DESERVES NO RESTO SCORE[iTS UNRESTORED! I DONT WANT TO SEE THE WORD RESTO SCORE OF ZERO ON AN UNRESTORED BOOK WHAT SO EVER...That word or chart does not belong on an unrestored book. keep it on the resto books were it belongs.

As for Joe Blow's Action #1 and the Church copy of Action #1, of course they belong in the same color holder. They don't deserve the same GRADE OR RESTORATION SCORE though, do they.

I very strongly disagree with this statement.the differnce between these 2 books is the milkway galaxy and its differentiation should be noted like that of the milky way galaxy to reflect it! Different color and IT DESERVES NO RESTO SCORE[iTS UNRESTORED! I DONT WANT TO SEE THE WORD RESTO SCORE OF ZERO ON AN UNRESTORED BOOK WHAT SO EVER...That word or chart does not belong on an unrestored book. keep it on the resto books were it belongs.

It wouldn't have a resto score. The RESTORED book would though.

While you're asking for a different label color, maybe CGC could come out with a line of clothing and accessories for its slabs? That way you could dress up your "Church Action #1"-type books and really individualize them. I think a silky red dress would look great on the Church Action #1. Maybe a wig and some lipstick too.

keep it comming baby! i think your really clever and i really like to debate with you. i mean it as a compliment.im not pulling your chain.

man,they are tearing jason ewart apart in the general comics thread! i mean seroiusly. did you see that stuff

keep it comming baby! i think your really clever and i really like to debate with you. i mean it as a compliment.im not pulling your chain.

man,they are tearing jason ewart apart in the general comics thread! i mean seroiusly. did you see that stuff

Yep, I've been following it since the beginning. It is looking pretty bad for him! 893censored-thumb.gif

Yep, I've been following it since the beginning. It is looking pretty bad for him! 893censored-thumb.gif

so are you going to apologise to all those people you blasted for blasting Jason earlier in the thread?

huh, are you?

i'm kidding, i'm kidding

so are you going to apologise to all those people you blasted for blasting Jason earlier in the thread?

huh, are you?

i'm kidding, i'm kidding

I already apologized to Tim, but for some of the personal comments I made, not for taking the other side of the argument. I owe no one an apology for demanding proof, and as I said from the beginning, when I saw actual proof of wrongdoing, I'd do what I could to bring him down.