• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Classic Cover not officially recognized as Classic Cover books!
3 3

91 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Simon Comics said:

I like a lot of covers in the golden age. They were just so fantastic. Simon and Kirby have so many covers that are recognizable. I think cap 7 is a fantastic cover. With captain America swinging, I think this should be considered a classic cover 

3D2EE838-D79F-44C0-AA67-D2387F9DD48B.jpeg

I thought it already was! Easily my fav S&K Cap cover.

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I thought it already was! Easily my fav S&K Cap cover.

Growing up seeing Joe’s art around I liked cap 5 and 9 cover. As I grew older I liked issue 1 and 2 as well. But now that I’m collecting the comics, I love this issue as well! All the covers of cap 1-10 are so well done. 

the splashes are great as well! Especially the splash of cap 7 

95ACCFB7-5CBA-476F-93F4-9EA779EAC17F.jpeg

On 11/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Jack Binder’s cover on Prize #20 has the most detailed architectural work I’ve ever seen on a comic 

Admittedly, the windows are amazing. I can almost see the vibrant life being lived behind them.

3 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I'm assuming you didn't pose on a bale of hay with Noah Beery, Jr. wearing a clown costume, right? ;)

Naww, I was too busy fighting off Velociraptors with my loose leaf notebook.  We still had a few Dinosaurs running around in the '50's... 😉

1 hour ago, atomised said:

CGC recognizes Mister Mystery 12 as "Classic injury-to-eye cover" 

Perhaps, but their contention is wrong; the eye hasn't been injured just yet...

Now here is an actual as it's happening injury to eye panel, courtesy of The Thing, #17, and not unnoticed by SOTI;

Comic Book Cover For The Thing 16 (alt) - Version 2