• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The “Dagnammit CGC!!!!” Thread
3 3

40 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I don't know if this applies to your situation but I received a mystery 5 or 10 dollar charge (can't even remember) on my last submission which was just a reholder. It turns out it was from an old submission several months prior. The UPS shipping cost for the old sub was increased by a nominal amount that wasn't charged on that invoice at the time it was shipped. So to avoid just randomly charging me the extra amount they waited until my next submission. I found this out only by having CS transfer me to accounting because CS doesn't answer accounting questions. I tried emailing but I knew whenever I email the accounting department the responses are spotty. Probably understaffed? Anyone else getting a weird extra charge on their invoice it may have something to do with added shipping cost.

So there's my little CGC CS rant. Most of the time the CS people are very courteous and helpful. 

8 minutes ago, kav said:

Valuable variant slab!!  :makepoint:

No no no

It's barely a $5 book regular, I dont know of any sold in slabs

I just happened to find it one day, it seemed decent shape and at cover price at a DVD store, I knew it had a different price cause it was a Newsstand so I sent it in for fun.

I think its neat  :shy:

On 12/2/2020 at 3:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is a $3.99 Newsstand edition of mine

The correct title of the book is Thor: Ages of Thunder

It's now mislabeled, the cert number and registry had even added the title in plural to the registry as it's own stand alone book, I got that fixed, and they told me to talk to customer service to get the label fixed but it's been a minute and seems minor to me but eventually 

3850034_Full_Obv.jpg

Forgive me if I’m missing something, but what makes this a “$3.99” copy?  

1 minute ago, steveinthecity said:

$4.99 

And it's because

The direct version costs $3.99

But the Newsstand cost $4.99

In stores, so it's not a "variant" it's a different "distribution where the price varies from the original, so not exactly like 30 or 35 cents of the bronze era, where all prices went out in the same distribution. 

There are moderns that were up in price or lower in price that varied from the original 

I'm not good at explaining it at all, but this is my understanding 

This thread probably explains way better than I could.... eek

12 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

Oh lol

I see now that you bolded where I said $3.99

Lol that was a typo

Its $4.99

Thank you and sorry for the confusion 

13 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

So, it’s a typo in your post?

Well that's embariskin lol

But yes

Edit, @steveinthecity to be honest, I forgot to check my label, these editions can vary anywhere from $1.99 to $9.99 i think, so it's been a while since i looked at my copy closely. I did see a reason to post it and you'd think I'd have been more observant lol

:tonofbricks:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I don't know if this applies to your situation but I received a mystery 5 or 10 dollar charge (can't even remember) on my last submission which was just a reholder. It turns out it was from an old submission several months prior. The UPS shipping cost for the old sub was increased by a nominal amount that wasn't charged on that invoice at the time it was shipped. So to avoid just randomly charging me the extra amount they waited until my next submission. I found this out only by having CS transfer me to accounting because CS doesn't answer accounting questions. I tried emailing but I knew whenever I email the accounting department the responses are spotty. Probably understaffed? Anyone else getting a weird extra charge on their invoice it may have something to do with added shipping cost.

So there's my little CGC CS rant. Most of the time the CS people are very courteous and helpful. 

Thanks for the info. Idk which is worse an accidental charge or retroactive one. 

Just noticed this too... Pretty sure it was the one that was charged extra. Order ending in 334 was Miller signing and 078 was Claremont. Got Miller back on Tuesday(?), received extra charge the next day and got back Claremont on Friday(?). It wasn't like I was charged on the following sub. It was out of the blue.

Shipping on both was $14. I should've been charged an extra $5 on each of them if that was the case. Unless the change came about in August. Which means they changed my "received by" date and charged me because of it.

Screenshot_2020-07-30-16-50-27-1~2.png

Screenshot_2020-08-03-18-04-38-1~2.png

9 hours ago, CyberSnake said:

Thanks for the info. Idk which is worse an accidental charge or retroactive one. 

Just noticed this too... Pretty sure it was the one that was charged extra. Order ending in 334 was Miller signing and 078 was Claremont. Got Miller back on Tuesday(?), received extra charge the next day and got back Claremont on Friday(?). It wasn't like I was charged on the following sub. It was out of the blue.

Shipping on both was $14. I should've been charged an extra $5 on each of them if that was the case. Unless the change came about in August. Which means they changed my "received by" date and charged me because of it.

Screenshot_2020-07-30-16-50-27-1~2.png

Screenshot_2020-08-03-18-04-38-1~2.png

lol a tangled web we weave. I can only speculate if it was a flat 5 dollars or 10 dollars it may have been an added handling fee that was previously missed.

The invoice with the retroactive ( ~8 dollars) charge in my case was from a March invoice and it was charged last September along with my last submission. But yeah it can throw you for a loop even though these are minimal amounts :pullhair:

I always try and get on top of whatever looks weird or out of place on these invoices 🧐🔍 

Edited by MGsimba77

Dagnammit CGC. 

These average 2 weeks to mark books as received, followed by over a month to go to SFG is absolutely unacceptable.  

This coupled with TAT already being way too long,  as well as you just keep rolling these in house signings,  which are backing the whole thing up . 

Plus the cost of the signing!?!?! SMH

Then after all of this I keep seeing more and more errors. From labels. To trash in the case and now damage?  :facepalm:

Seriously it is WAY past time to properly staff up and expand to accommodate all of this. You have definitely outgrown you britches...

17 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

DAGNAMMIT CGC!

Can you make a friggin’ holder that protects the book inside rather than damages it?

Impact bend across the entire top edge 

So f:censored:ing annoying 

50EFCE42-6D47-47DE-B84B-22F13F91F5E3.jpeg

We've all been there........ | Classic cartoon characters, Looney tunes  cartoons, Looney tunes characters

6 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Dagnammit CGC. 

These average 2 weeks to mark books as received, followed by over a month to go to SFG is absolutely unacceptable.  

This coupled with TAT already being way too long,  as well as you just keep rolling these in house signings,  which are backing the whole thing up . 

Plus the cost of the signing!?!?! SMH

Then after all of this I keep seeing more and more errors. From labels. To trash in the case and now damage?  :facepalm:

Seriously it is WAY past time to properly staff up and expand to accommodate all of this. You have definitely outgrown you britches...

Thankfully the book is a 6.0 and not a NM copy. 

As far as QC, do you notice anything missing from the grade box? :insane:

76C20F61-AD4C-4C42-80F0-035F3202AA18.jpeg

12 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

About 4 Grade points? :ohnoez:

Kidding of course.. 

41 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Or maybe it was PQ so immaculate that its description is so white it blends into the background of the label..