• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submissions Update 2

14 posts in this topic

don't sweat it. this is the card business. nothing will never be on time. wait til sports cards get involved. one bulk submission can take down an entire grading company. 

you could pay PSA who is quicker than SGC or BGS for a 20 day turnaround and you'll get the cards 4-6 months later.

I sent 2 packs of GPK's in January this year and got them back a month ago

I've got a bulk aged 21 calendar days right now; remember the holiday is going to mess with the dates plus they do state working days on their turnaround times, so you need to back out the weekends on expectations versus their promises.  

Additionally, there aren't many steps other than Received > Scheduled for Grading > Grading/QA > Shipped, and it goes fairly quick from 'scheduled' to 'grading' in my experience.  It's going to sit and say received until it is almost finished and those last steps will happen in quick succession (a few days, from what I saw on a standard order).  

1 hour ago, Ron Churches said:

I've got a bulk aged 21 calendar days right now; remember the holiday is going to mess with the dates plus they do state working days on their turnaround times, so you need to back out the weekends on expectations versus their promises.  

Additionally, there aren't many steps other than Received > Scheduled for Grading > Grading/QA > Shipped, and it goes fairly quick from 'scheduled' to 'grading' in my experience.  It's going to sit and say received until it is almost finished and those last steps will happen in quick succession (a few days, from what I saw on a standard order).  

i am in "in process" for a couple of days.  What is that?

Their recent email said that they were looking to "immediately hire dozens of employees across all of its categories," and there are open reqs for the trading cards group. I think the spike in the Pokemon TCG market, coupled with the migration from PSA/BGS due to turnaround times and the holidays is creating a bit of a perfect storm. Here's to hoping that folks aren't in the dark too long. :)

Edited by egardina.pp