• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats *the* comic convention to go to next year?

64 posts in this topic

Oh the the pizza and the dogs. Man there is alot of good food in chicago. Plus there are a few good blues and jazz bars. You will get more autographs in san deigo if you are lucky. But chicago has alot of the same exclusives plus many good comic dealers and their guest list isn't bad either.

Oh the the pizza and the dogs. Man there is alot of good food in chicago. Plus there are a few good blues and jazz bars. You will get more autographs in san deigo if you are lucky. But chicago has alot of the same exclusives plus many good comic dealers and their guest list isn't bad either.

But in Chicago, you are not really even in Chicago. Isn't it a 15-20 minute drive into town? In San Diego, you walk a couple blocks and you are right in the middle of everything. PLUS, the convention center is right on the water next to a beautiful park, marina and tons more. At the Chicago con, you have hotels and restaurants in a suburban area. Big difference. Although as I said before, to just buy comics, Chicago is great. If you want a real con experience, go to San Diego.

I *hope* to go next year. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey, from LA it is just a simple drive. C'mon down!

Finances being the question mark. I better not make any big purchases before going. thumbsup2.gif

Oh yeah, me too. Before a big con my spending goes way down. Gotta save up for the con.

Whats the biggest and best comic con to go to over the calendar year?

Biggest: San Diego Comic-Con International

Best: Wizard World Chicago

Other Comicons you should seriously consider: Baltimore Comicon, HeroesCon, Emerald City Comic Con, and my own Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon.

I mention those four in particular because they are COMIC CONS, not media cons, as just about every other convention these days are.

----------

And...maybe a stupid question, has Stan Lee done any signings where CGC have been there? I'd like to get a book signed and SS'd

Yes. Past: SDCCI and WWLA.

In 2006:

West Coast: San Diego Comic-Con International and Wizard World Los Angeles.

East Coast: The Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon.

We'll have an announcement to make soon about an advance opportunity to get your books in for Signature Series for Stan Lee with a guaranteed signature. With cons that Stan physically attends the signings are usually extremely limited.

And...maybe a stupid question, has Stan Lee done any signings where CGC have been there? I'd like to get a book signed and SS'd

Cheerso!

About that con in Toronto: I believe they have arranged a special CGC signing for Stan Lee, although how you get on the list I don't know. E-mail the store?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the details on the Stan Lee Signature Series will be released later this week (in a press release)

Basically there are two ways to get Stan Lee books submitted for Signature Series for the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006:

1) Submit your comic books for Stan to sign to a Paradise Conventions representative in advance. Comics will be signed in batches between September 2005 and March 2006 (or earlier if we reach our limit).

2) Get them signed at the convention in Toronto on April 29 and April 30 2006. CGC witnesses will be available at the con and CGC will be there to accept the books directly.

I will be accepting books at the CGC booth in Baltimore next weekend. We will continue to accept books by mail, at the store in Toronto, or at conventions thru the fall and winter months until our alotment has been reached.

Kevin Boyd

Paradise Comics Conventions

www.torontocomicon.com

Chicago, on the other hand... The only reason to go there would be for the Con. Nobody goes to Chicago unless they`re from there. poke2.gif

mad.gif What about the Italian Beef and Hot Dogs?!? Christo_pull_hair.gif

And REAL Chicago pizza?!? Christo_pull_hair.gif

...and the Chicago Cubs? shy.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif...Sox.

Chicago, on the other hand... The only reason to go there would be for the Con. Nobody goes to Chicago unless they`re from there. poke2.gif

mad.gif What about the Italian Beef and Hot Dogs?!? Christo_pull_hair.gif

And REAL Chicago pizza?!? Christo_pull_hair.gif

...and the Chicago Cubs? shy.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif...Sox.

DA BEARS

bears2_640.jpg

bulls.jpg

DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!!

I think I'm havin' a heart attack...

oh well, guess not...

DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!!

27_laughing.gif

Ok. Sunday's match up.

Chicago: 74

Washinton: -2

MiMy-Pat%20Arnold.jpg

Question: Who would win in a fight: Ditka or God?

bulls.jpg

DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!!

oh well, guess not...

DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!!

27_laughing.gif

Ok. Sunday's match up.

MiMy-Pat%20Arnold.jpg

Thats a trick question....

Ditka is God.

bulls.jpg

DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!!

oh well, guess not...

DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!!

27_laughing.gif

Ok. Sunday's match up.

MiMy-Pat%20Arnold.jpg

Thats a trick question....

Ditka is God.

snl2.jpg

DAA BEARS!!! DAA BEARS!!! DAA BEARS!!! DAA BEARS!!!

DAA BULLS!!! DAA BULLS!!! DAA BULLS!!! DAA BULLS!!!

27_laughing.gif