• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Star Wars #18 Sprouse is doing well.

Wow, crazy how these books just sit on ebay for cover price for weeks/months, and all of a sudden,wham, everyone wants the book and the price sextuples overnight.

I did pre-order 3 of these so that is cool.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:24 PM, Tnexus said:

FOMO is real.

Yes and no.  I have wanted a 9.8 on this book for awhile but kept missing out.  So I know I overpaid a bit tonight but I just don't see many more 9.8's out there. The design and story behind his creation was just too cool.  I will put this aside for a bit.  The vintage collection figure is one of my favorite modern designs as well. 

Cue Greggy's confused face. 

01219692398000083870251025.jpg

On 1/31/2022 at 9:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yes and no.  I have wanted a 9.8 on this book for awhile but kept missing out.  So I know I overpaid a bit tonight but I just don't see many more 9.8's out there. The design and story behind his creation was just too cool.  I will put this aside for a bit.  The vintage collection figure is one of my favorite modern designs as well. 

Not a bad buy at all. He's presumed to have survived Order 66 and could still be kicking around in the Mandoverse. Not many Jedi for Filoni and Favs to choose from.

Also, that is his actual first appearance. I know it's been retconned that he was a background character in TPM, but this came out before all of that was retconned (I believe). His appearance in Clone Wars would be a while after this book.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/31/2022 at 9:49 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Also, that is his actual first appearance. I know it's been retconned that he was a background character in TPM, but this came out before all of that was retconned (I believe). His appearance in Clone Wars would be a while after this book.

Yes.  As the story goes, Lucas liked what they were doing with the character and gave everyone his blessing to incorporate him into the Clone Wars.  It is one of the few Star Wars characters like Secura who gets a 1st appearance in the comics before the actual movies and tv shows. 

On 1/31/2022 at 6:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

Thanks for buying my copy so suck it. 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

I will expect a C.O.A. so one day it can be authenticated as part of the "Greggy Collection"

What's so special about that book anyways?