• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Black K just got the poster treatment. 
4B70CBBB-EB1B-4F16-B084-2AE9D1C7249A.thumb.jpeg.d1e343e0332259858941e9f4b6a6df79.jpeg

I just like that this character killed a Super Mario Bowser and put its shell on its shoulder.  

Edited by valiantman

On 1/10/2022 at 4:23 PM, OtherEric said:

It might be Black K's first cover?  So many variants I'm definitely not sure.

I believe that is Doctor Aphra Annual #1 or Vader Down #1. Can’t remember. Could be wrong, though. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I believe that is Doctor Aphra Annual #1 or Vader Down #1. Can’t remember. Could be wrong, though. 

It's actually both I believe. Variants of each came out at the same time with Black K on them, so it's a tie.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:50 PM, Lord Gemini said:

It's actually both I believe. Variants of each came out at the same time with Black K on them, so it's a tie.

Doctor Aphra didn't launch until the year after Vader Down.

I can't locate a variant of the Vader Down 1-shot with Black K on the cover.  The Hastings variant for Darth Vader 13 (part 2 of the story) has Black K, that may be the first cover.  I would be happy to be proven wrong about a Vader Down cover with him, though.

If it is the DV 13 Hastings that's the first, I got insanely lucky... some got misshipped to my LCS and I got one for cover.  Now I just need to figure out what box it's in.  (Cover from the GCD, but it's actually my book since I originally uploaded it.)

1048298.jpg

On 1/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, CheeseFrog said:

I got lucky with that Hastings as well.  

I picked up a copy because it’s a great cover… pretty cool if that’s BK’s first.

Same.  I think I actually liked it enough to grab it in addition to the regular version, not instead.  Like I said, would need to find the box in my storage unit.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:22 PM, OtherEric said:

Doctor Aphra didn't launch until the year after Vader Down.

I can't locate a variant of the Vader Down 1-shot with Black K on the cover.  The Hastings variant for Darth Vader 13 (part 2 of the story) has Black K, that may be the first cover.  I would be happy to be proven wrong about a Vader Down cover with him, though.

If it is the DV 13 Hastings that's the first, I got insanely lucky... some got misshipped to my LCS and I got one for cover.  Now I just need to figure out what box it's in.  (Cover from the GCD, but it's actually my book since I originally uploaded it.)

1048298.jpg

Ah, you're right. That's the one I'm thinking of. Key Collector made a revision it seems as it now indicates this cover went on sale a week after Vader Down #1.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:41 AM, kimik said:

Looks like the Aphra spec train has picked up some passengers based on eBay action for DV 3 the past couple of days.

Interesting to know who this character will be from the Boba Fett trailer

Screenshot_20220106-141805_YouTube.jpg

On 1/11/2022 at 7:06 AM, Lord Gemini said:

Ah, you're right. That's the one I'm thinking of. Key Collector made a revision it seems as it now indicates this cover went on sale a week after Vader Down #1.

The Vader Down 1 mile high variant has jumped… Scottie Young cover with BK.

That’s a bummer of a cover first app.  I’m not picking that one up, lol… 

On 1/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, jcjames said:

Interesting to know who this character will be from the Boba Fett trailer

Screenshot_20220106-141805_YouTube.jpg

i've seen some say it could be his daughter, which would be taken from the Legends timeline, but it is hard to tell. With half the episodes being flashbacks, its hard to place where this character would fit in the canon timeline.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, awakeintheashes said:

i've seen some say it could be his daughter, which would be taken from the Legends timeline, but it is hard to tell. With half the episodes being flashbacks, its hard to place where this character would fit in the canon timeline.

Ah that is a strong possibility. 

Edited by jcjames

On 1/11/2022 at 8:35 AM, CheeseFrog said:

The Vader Down 1 mile high variant has jumped… Scottie Young cover with BK.

That’s a bummer of a cover first app.  I’m not picking that one up, lol… 

Katie Cook, not Scottie Young.  I actually like the cover for what it is, but agreed that it's not particularly impressive as a first cover appearance even if you do like the style.

Image swiped from GCD.

1229082.jpg

On 1/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, kimik said:

I have to start digging through the $2 bin stock now for all of these Marvel SW books that have been dead for so long and are now collectible again. lol 

You just described my Summer 2021. The SW market severely cooled off around that time and I filled quite a few longboxes.