• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Knights of Ren cameo on cover and interior I believe.

Got it. 

Crimson Reign is really giving them some needed spotlight. Sequels did such a terrible job explaining stuff and the Knights of Ren were one of those. 

Where does Star Wars (2015 Marvel) 20A fit into the whole Black Krrsantan thing?  The cover has BK fighting a youngish Obi-Wan.  But I’ve never read that series.  Is it some kind of flash back (I understand Obi Wan is the one who put the big scar on BK’s big forehead).  SW 20A seems to be inching up in value marginally as judged by some raw auctions underway on eBay.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:49 PM, Dergrosse13 said:

Where does Star Wars (2015 Marvel) 20A fit into the whole Black Krrsantan thing?  The cover has BK fighting a youngish Obi-Wan.  But I’ve never read that series.  Is it some kind of flash back (I understand Obi Wan is the one who put the big scar on BK’s big forehead).  SW 20A seems to be inching up in value marginally as judged by some raw auctions underway on eBay.

A couple things from what I've seen. One - the cover. Two - some are speculating that they may cross paths during the Obi-Wan D+ series.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:44 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Got it. 

Crimson Reign is really giving them some needed spotlight. Sequels did such a terrible job explaining stuff and the Knights of Ren were one of those. 

The sequels were such stinking garbage it is not funny, though most already know this and agree.  I have heard some say they loved those movies...:sick:.  Crimson Reign has Deathstick in issue 2 I believe.  Maybe that 1st app. starts to gain some momentum in the near future :wishluck:.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:36 PM, gradejunky said:

The sequels were such stinking garbage it is not funny, though most already know this and agree.  I have heard some say they loved those movies...:sick:.  Crimson Reign has Deathstick in issue 2 I believe.  Maybe that 1st app. starts to gain some momentum in the near future :wishluck:.

I hope so! 

On 1/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, CheeseFrog said:
On 1/20/2022 at 4:36 PM, gradejunky said:

Expand  

I hope so! 

They’ve been using her a lot since she was introduced. Plus, her ties to the Nightsisters is another thing going or her in SW lore. I’m bullish on the character. 

On 1/20/2022 at 8:12 PM, awakeintheashes said:

They’ve been using her a lot since she was introduced. Plus, her ties to the Nightsisters is another thing going or her in SW lore. I’m bullish on the character. 

I am behind on the actual reading of alot of this stuff.  I do not read my singles as they are inventory.  Unless I get a total dog copy of something that goes in the "junk box" that I will peruse/read.  SW Bounty Hunters has the TPB's, but no HC solicited as of yet to my knowledge.  Maybe this is just going to #25 like Vader, and then getting a Omnibus?  Waiting on Darth Vader vol. 2 omnibus and eagerly await the read.  Just read the War of the Bounty Hunters companion TPB with the one-shots, and await the main TPB.  Deathstick has been in the Aphra series mostly, correct.  That I do not buy except for isses #10 and 11 (1st Durge in Marvel), which I have quite a few of the latter.

Got a few of those on the way from Midtown before someone must have come in and bought almost all the copies before me.  I paid for priority shipping and should have them, and a whole slew of other books they had on sale up to 70% off the other day, by tomorrow.  Even with quick shipping and all, my hopes are low to receive undamaged books.  Midtown comics are complete hacks with shipping.  No matter how many times I've asked to have more secure padding around all sides I'm ignored, or told they don't take "special requests for shipping".  Asking for shipping to be done right so you don't have a box of smashed comics is a special request!?!  LMFAO

Edited by gradejunky

On 1/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, gradejunky said:

Got a few of those on the way from Midtown before someone must have come in and bought almost all the copies before me.  I paid for priority shipping and should have them, and a whole slew of other books they had on sale up to 70% off the other day, by tomorrow.  Even with quick shipping and all, my hopes are low to receive undamaged books.  Midtown comics are complete hacks with shipping.  No matter how many times I've asked to have more secure padding around all sides I'm ignored, or told they don't take "special requests for shipping".  Asking for shipping to be done right so you don't have a box of smashed comics is a special request!?!  LMFAO

Ugh that sucks- I hope they show up unharmed.