• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2022 at 10:35 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks for the heads up. I knew there was a reason I stocked up months ago. Can probably still find these at shops. 

Most LCSs will be out by now, but I know of one that still has some. I am not sure I need to chase any more though after my spec pre-order. lol 

On 2/17/2022 at 1:41 PM, kimik said:

Most LCSs will be out by now, but I know of one that still has some. I am not sure I need to chase any more though after my spec pre-order. lol 

Depends on the LCS and its clientele. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:35 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks for the heads up. I knew there was a reason I stocked up months ago. Can probably still find these at shops. 

Ah - I need to go buy some more! :D

Like a Doomsday prepper!!!

Its funny that it took Jim’s Comics YouTube video to light that spark.  It seemed pretty obvious that was set up to be a big book.

Issue 10 as well!  Lorna Dee is an awesome character… and there’s an issue 10 variant of her right on the cover.

My opinion- Star Wars comic fans should be picking up all of these issues en masse.  First appearances, new canon, and great stories.  They’re really doing a fantastic job on these.  I’m all in on High Republic. 

10203776-9623-481A-8202-05A3732B62A6.jpeg

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 2/17/2022 at 2:46 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Issue 10 as well!  Lorna Dee is an awesome character… and there’s an issue 10 variant of her right on the cover.

That's a good point, but don't sleep on High Republic #1 1:10 variant. She's on the cover. 

On 2/17/2022 at 1:40 PM, kimik said:

If you are in Calgary, check out Saddle City Comics and see if Marc has any available. He usually orders a few extra on SW 1st apps.........

Might do that if @500Clubhasn't cleaned him out already

hello there ... so with the expansion of star wars in the Disney realm I have seen a few books jump in price … can anyone tell me why? 

Star Wars: Darth Maul Son of Dathomir #1, Wizard Sketch 1/500 is jumping bu leaps and bounds (ebay $1000+)

On 2/17/2022 at 2:01 PM, awakeintheashes said:

That's a good point, but don't sleep on High Republic #1 1:10 variant. She's on the cover. 

Ah that’s true!  I had forgotten about that… that’s interesting, her being on a cover so far in advance of her app in the comic.  Granted she is mentioned a number of times before that…

On 2/17/2022 at 4:50 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Ah that’s true!  I had forgotten about that… that’s interesting, her being on a cover so far in advance of her app in the comic.  Granted she is mentioned a number of times before that…

Yeah, comic-wise it seems out of place, but she is in the Light of the Jedi book, which was released before High Republic 1. So, I guess if you look at the High Republic multimedia initiative as a whole, it doesn’t seem as out of place. 

What I find a little odd is that Marchion Ro, who is the big bad, has spent most of his time in pages of High Republic Adventures. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/17/2022 at 6:13 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, comic-wise it seems out of place, but she is in the Light of the Jedi book, which was released before High Republic 1. So, I guess if you look at the High Republic multimedia initiative as a whole, it doesn’t seem as out of place. 

What I find a little odd is that Marchion Ro, who is the big bad, has spent most of his time in pages of High Republic Adventures. 

Boba Fett was in a book first as well.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Ah - I need to go buy some more! :D

Like a Doomsday prepper!!!

Its funny that it took Jim’s Comics YouTube video to light that spark.  It seemed pretty obvious that was set up to be a big book.

My opinion- Star Wars comic fans should be picking up all of these issues en masse.  First appearances, new canon, and great stories.  They’re really doing a fantastic job on these.  I’m all in on High Republic. 

10203776-9623-481A-8202-05A3732B62A6.jpeg

Same here, but I missed that Darth Krall cover. Ugh.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:13 PM, awakeintheashes said:

We will see what happens in the next arcs. I expect Marchion to eventually show in the main book, but right now they seem to be setting that up for the Sith.